Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Too bad if you’re trying to get to your job in Toronto this thing turns into the Eglinton bus. Ugh.

Interesting point. Crosstown Phase 2, if it ever happens, will probably significantly increase the utility of the MiWay BRT. It will be interesting to see, a year after that opens (2076?) if the BRT's ridership goes up sharply.

or you stay on the Miway bus that takes you to Kipling down the 427? The 427 is generally pretty free flow during rush hour
Exactly what I was thinking....if you are using the transitway to get to work in Toronto it would seem getting to line 2 is your best bet.....the bus stays in the collector lanes of the 427 which, as you say, are pretty free flowing (not always true of the express lanes) even in rush hour.

Exactly what I was thinking....if you are using the transitway to get to work in Toronto it would seem getting to line 2 is your best bet.....the bus stays in the collector lanes of the 427 which, as you say, are pretty free flowing (not always true of the express lanes) even in rush hour.

It seems strange though that only one of the three Transitway routes (109) continues to the subway, while route 100 goes to the airport terminalw and 107 to Westwood Mall and Humber College. Is the 109 especially busy?

It seems strange though that only one of the three Transitway routes (109) continues to the subway, while route 100 goes to the airport terminalw and 107 to Westwood Mall and Humber College. Is the 109 especially busy?
I have only used it twice (and not for a long time now) but neither time was it particularly busy.....I will say, however, both times were before the Transitway was complete to Renforth so travel time to the subway was longer than it probably is now....so I don't know for sure. I will say (warning, anecdotal evidence ahead) that on days when I drive past the Cawthra Station (roughly 1 time per week) the number of cars in the lot has gone up to around 15 or so....can't say what route they are on though.

All that said, I don't think it strange that not all buses go to the subway.........the airport is, I would think, a very viable end point as is Humber College.

It seems strange though that only one of the three Transitway routes (109) continues to the subway, while route 100 goes to the airport terminal and 107 to Westwood Mall and Humber College. Is the 109 especially busy?
Looking at the frequency (PM peak eastbound), the 100 runs every 16 minutes, while the 107 and 109 run every 9-11 minutes. I'd assume they manage it with frequency. MiWay seems much better than TTC to putting much more granularity into the schedule, both in terms of frequency and run times.

Hmm, 107 stops at Viscount station as well. 11 minutes from Renfoth station to to T1 but 14 minutes to T3. 107 is 11 minutes from Renforth station to Viscount station. Gosh, could be quicker to stay on a 107 heading to Pearson T3 and take the train from Viscount to T3 than change to a 100 and have to wait for it!

There's also the GO Bus Route 40 which runs every 30 minutes down the Transitway (skipping most stations) but makes it from Renforth to T1 in only 8 minutes.

I was wondering if this would save me time, on my occasional trip from near Union to Square One ... but it looks like the 21H GO Bus is still faster than taking a UP train to T1 and jumping on a Transitway bus.

The 109 actually gets some good usage from Renforth and Kipling station, with additional riders boarding throughout the transitway. It's by no means a low ridership route in the segment that operates within Toronto.

109 has had close doors a number of times that I been on a 40' bus and leaving riders to wait for the next bus, starting at Islington. It depends on the day and time how ridership is, but far far better than when it started.

Also if they continue following Ottawas model maybe in 30 years we will see something awesome like the new Otrain

The Transitway was designed with LRT conversion in mind, but yes, probably not for 20 years at the minimum.

While I would love to see the Eglinton LRT extended along the Transitway, to make one epically long LRT line, unless the Eglinton West LRT portion is fully grade separated, which the last study said it WONT be, it will have to be a different line with a transfer at Renforth.

Back