Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

The 32 loops at Skymark, and no, there's no double fare (there was when a branch of Route 32 extended to Creekbank Road in Mississauga). But someone at Eglinton and Rackley Court, despite being within the City of Toronto, would have to take a Mississauga bus or walk a considerable distance to Skymark/Renforth to board the TTC bus without paying the MiWay fare.

Actually, they'd likely only have to walk to Commerce and Eglinton. But still, that's a 20+ minute walk, so your point stands.

It will be quite interesting to see how the TTC treats the whole area once the Renforth Gateway opens.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Yes, they can pick up outgoing passengers, but not incoming. So if they build Renforth station in Toronto, then they would not be able to pick up passengers going to Islington or anywhere else in Toronto.

According to the Wikipedia page, the City of Mississauga annexed the land beside Renforth? This is the first I've read of it. I hope it is true, otherwise it will be a useless station, not served by MiWay, and probably not served by TTC either.

The article says Mississauga will built the station on the site of the current bus loop, not that it annexed the land. Even if it did, I'm sure an exception would be made to the passenger pickup/dropoff rule at the station.

Jan 2, 2017 Winston Churchill Goes into service for miWay and GO. Route 109 will be removed from Eglinton

Feb 27, 2017, Spectrum and Orbitor Station open for service for 107 & 109

Sept 4, 2017, Renforth opens with major changes for everyone.

TTC will drop off and pickup riders at the new terminal with the elimination of the current route. TTC riders who use the current routing will either have to walk it or use a miWay bus to get to/from where they want to go. Since the Presto system will be in place for TTC at the time, it will be a normal tap on and off process between systems with various different fares being change.

Route 107 will see Sunday service

Last edited:
I'd be curious to see the ridership at the MiWay Transitway stations. Most of them near the 403 are in the middle of nowhere and seem like a collossal waste of scarce transit money to build such large terminals for what will be low ridership. A basic bus stop with a shelter, and a level crossing of the transitway would have been more than sufficient.

You want level crossings at Kennedy and Cawthra stations? Are you serious?

If Mississauga Transitway has level crossing at Cawthra, and force all the buses to navigate the 403/Eastgate/Cawthra intersection, how much would that slow the buses? And how much would that increase the operating costs of the buses? Slower/delayed buses means more buses and more buses required to maintain the same frequency. This is your idea of saving money?

Seriously, what is with the people of Toronto and their obsession with at-grade transit. $4.6 billion for a transit line that will run on street. Now THAT is a colossal waste of money.

Mississauga has spent less money on BRT than York Region has, but I never see people criticize York, only Mississauga. MiWay's ridership has improved far more than York too.

I don't see anyone criticizing Zum and VIVA for not having "basic bus stops". But it is a different standard for Mississauga.

Passengers are permitted to board Viva Orange eastbound at York University (within the City of Toronto) toward Downsview Station (and both TTC and YRT fare are accepted for this trip). Clearly exceptions can be made to the typical suburban transit agency agreement with the City of Toronto when needed.

Passengers are permitted to board Viva Orange eastbound at York University (within the City of Toronto) toward Downsview Station (and both TTC and YRT fare are accepted for this trip). Clearly exceptions can be made to the typical suburban transit agency agreement with the City of Toronto when needed.

Oh right I forgot about that.

Honestly, I can understand if City of Toronto and TTC is less than cooperative with the 905 agencies considering York doesn't pay for Steeles maintanence and probably neither does Mississauga for Eglinton. If I were Toronto politician I'd try to screw over the 905 in any way possible too.

I'd be curious to see the ridership at the MiWay Transitway stations. Most of them near the 403 are in the middle of nowhere and seem like a collossal waste of scarce transit money to build such large terminals for what will be low ridership. A basic bus stop with a shelter, and a level crossing of the transitway would have been more than sufficient.

They are meant to be park and rides, much like how GO Train stations are sometimes in the middle of nowhere but with parking spots.

The suburbs still rely often on cars to get to stations that take them downtown, something that isn't changing unless we deal with sprawl.

They are meant to be park and rides, much like how GO Train stations are sometimes in the middle of nowhere but with parking spots.

The suburbs still rely often on cars to get to stations that take them downtown, something that isn't changing unless we deal with sprawl.
Was by the stations last week with Dixie only having 3 cars and Cawthra seeing 2, compare to none most of the time.

Erin Mills is over 75% empty.

The new stations in the east to come on line next year have no parking.

You need more density to support transit in sprawl city and that may happen in 20-50 years.

Will there eventually be a grade separation in the Square One area (the actual station site as well the ROW transition from south of the 403 to north of the 403)? I can't imagine the continued use of the Mavis on/off-ramps will be a permanent thing. Also when/if are stops at Mavis, Creditview and/or Mississauga Road going in? Shame where the people actually live in Mississauga (the western side) is getting such little coverage compared to the east.

Will there eventually be a grade separation in the Square One area (the actual station site as well the ROW transition from south of the 403 to north of the 403)? I can't imagine the continued use of the Mavis on/off-ramps will be a permanent thing. Also when/if are stops at Mavis, Creditview and/or Mississauga Road going in? Shame where the people actually live in Mississauga (the western side) is getting such little coverage compared to the east.

There would be no stations for Mississauga Rd (NIMBYs) or Mavis Rd (technical reasons?). The only stations added would be Creditview and Churchill Meadows. That's why they have not built the full transitway yet. High cost for just two new stations, plus the Hurontario and Square One stations. But maybe it is worth building anyways because so many buses on Rathburn is no good.

That's why I'm annoyed people say this thing is overbuilt. If anything Mississauga cheaped out big time. I think already the ridership 107 and 109 already surpassed expectations. It surpassed my expectations at least. I see 109 using the orange artics now and they are crushloaded, and the transitway is still under construction! I think Mississauga will have the same problem as Ottawa unless the transitway is grade separated through city centre.

There is a plan to take Duke of York over the 403 to connect to the new north service road between Hurontario and Mavis or was that Creditview. The extension west of Duke of York was for the Transitway between Duke of York and Erin Mills.

Don't expect to see this extension built in your life time due to the NIMBY's and cost.

As it stands, the Rathburn ROW will be on the north side of Rathburn and we will have to wait to see what the final design looks like, if that stay the same. It will still have to cross streets with traffic lights.

There was talk that Rathburn would be reduce to a single lane of traffic each way to allow the ROW. The other option was to close Rathburn to traffic between City Centre Dr and DoY and making it a transit mall. Sq One opposed all options.

There was talk that Rathburn would be reduce to a single lane of traffic each way to allow the ROW. The other option was to close Rathburn to traffic between City Centre Dr and DoY and making it a transit mall. Sq One opposed all options.

Says the mall that is following in the steps of Yorkdale and starting to cannibalize their parking lots for mall expansion.

Also says the mall that is getting an east-west busway, and well as a north-south LRT with a loop to surround it, attracting more patrons via transit.

Pfft.

Says the mall that is following in the steps of Yorkdale and starting to cannibalize their parking lots for mall expansion.

Also says the mall that is getting an east-west busway, and well as a north-south LRT with a loop to surround it, attracting more patrons via transit.

Pfft.
You only could do that between Duke of York and Station Gate since the parking lot is set back and below grade.

You can't do it east of Station Gate, as it would be cutting into the existing bus terminal and the stand alone buildings are too close to the road. Sidewalk would have to be very narrow and next the road edge for the stand alone building.

Not expecting ridership to jump once the LRT is open.

Any chance that Oakville Transit route 24 gets redirected to Winston Churchill station? That probably won't happen in the near future but since South Common Centre doesn't look like it'll last for much longer, they're gonna have to start thinking about that...

Back