Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

New render:

D9hzihpW4AAEBXp.jpg

Sort of wish there was a more interesting corner treatment as the new corner is far more anonymous than what was there before. The 'MV' doesn't cut it, IMO.

Maybe the recreation of a portion of the Honest Ed's sign as a light sculpture?

That being said, I wonder if the LED strip is programmable? Could be interesting.

Sort of wish there was a more interesting corner treatment as the new corner is far more anonymous than what was there before. The 'MV' doesn't cut it, IMO.

Maybe the recreation of a portion of the Honest Ed's sign as a light sculpture?

That being said, I wonder if the LED strip is programmable? Could be interesting.

I agree. Say what you will about the decrepit Ed's building, that corner was unique and had character. The MV is just bland and more properly if at all should go on Markham or in the square... If the LEDs were orange, that would be more like the old Ed's.

I have to think the led strips will get worn out by weather, birds, etc.

Damn dark-clothes-wearing construction hoarding!
Everything everywhere needs reflective strips so static objects can stop slamming into cars!

That is one massive excavation. Does anyone know where the soil went? Leslie spit?

That is one massive excavation. Does anyone know where the soil went? Leslie spit?
Soil usually gets tossed somewhere on the outer edges of the GTA - it varies from site to site. I know a lot of condo soil ended up at the Greenbank airport, but I'm fairly sure that site has now been "completed".

Back