Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

I wonder if any of the churches in the neighbourhood will take Bloor St United's lead and put up a tower? Walmer St Baptist is surrounded by apartment buildings, and the church on Bathurst just north of Bloor both have space.

even this complex alone is going to be a great addition of housing options for the area. Not easy to find an apartment in the area given the demand and limited availability, which is actually shrinking as a lot of old houses are being converted back to single detached properties from rooming houses and duplex/triplexes.

I think that's unlikely, for the most part.

There's a lot of disparate ownership, and small lots.

There are some good opportunities I expect to see come forward, but only a smattering are likely to be hirise.

Watch for the Metro site near Bloor/Spadina to redeveloped.

Though, a combination of these 2 properties on north-west corner of the Bloor-Bathurst intersection would be fairly tempting.

View attachment 313652
That 1-2 combo is hideous and should be redeveloped ASAP, never liked that corner. They should incorporate a nightclub into the new building to replace CODA, or hopefully they can come back when the building is finished.

I wonder if any of the churches in the neighbourhood will take Bloor St United's lead and put up a tower? Walmer St Baptist is surrounded by apartment buildings, and the church on Bathurst just north of Bloor both have space.

That 1-2 combo is hideous and should be redeveloped ASAP, never liked that corner. They should incorporate a nightclub into the new building to replace CODA, or hopefully they can come back when the building is finished.

The Annex Wreckroom!! Sigh, back in the day when I was still able to have fun...

Game changer for the Annex. Wonder if more high rises will be approved in the immediate area.
I'm not sure Mirvish Village is part of the Annex proper though. But it is starting to have looming presence on Bloor St. W., just west of Spadina, as some of the pics posted here of recent are suggesting...

...they almost seem to wave at you from there.

My last place was in the Annex, and Bloor and Bathurst is certainly part of it! As a former resident who would like to return one day, it warms my heart to see some density beyond Walmer Road. It's such a great place to live and will only get better with more people there (though they need to get parked cars off of Bloor and widen the sidewalks).

Pics? Too lazy to walk 2km, too poor to take TTC...spare change please?
Err...okays..

My last place was in the Annex, and Bloor and Bathurst is certainly part of it! As a former resident who would like to return one day, it warms my heart to see some density beyond Walmer Road. It's such a great place to live and will only get better with more people there (though they need to get parked cars off of Bloor and widen the sidewalks).
I believe the west boundaries are around Bloor and Bathurst.

Neighbourhood boundaries are always fuzzy – I always think back to the urban studies course I took in uni, and how the lecturer would sometimes wax romantic about "my beloved Roncy", but would freely admit she had no idea where it began or ended. (Perceived neighbourhood boundaries also vary from person to person, and also grow and shrink based on how desirable they're thought to be, and with marketing, which is how we wind up with things like "upper beach" and "west queen west".) Anyway, for me, I'd say my personal "Annex" has always included Mirvish Village; around Palmerston it blurs into Koreatown, which blurs into Christie Pits, and thence into Bloorcourt, etc.

Neighbourhood boundaries are always fuzzy – I always think back to the urban studies course I took in uni, and how the lecturer would sometimes wax romantic about "my beloved Roncy", but would freely admit she had no idea where it began or ended. (Perceived neighbourhood boundaries also vary from person to person, and also grow and shrink based on how desirable they're thought to be, and with marketing, which is how we wind up with things like "upper beach" and "west queen west".) Anyway, for me, I'd say my personal "Annex" has always included Mirvish Village; around Palmerston it blurs into Koreatown, which blurs into Christie Pits, and thence into Bloorcourt, etc.
Friends in the area west of Palmerston but east of Christie have always called their area Seaton Village.

Annex to me is always Harbord to Dupont, St George to Palmerston or so. The boundaries blur though - especially the western boundary into little Korea and Christie Pits.

Back