Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

15B91DA1-ED7C-4901-8A73-BBE0BEA87B72.jpeg
1AAC1E0F-D13B-421F-9DAE-90A545B950B4.jpeg
C767F1BB-71F5-4B91-ABC8-49B964FC8EFB.jpeg
221D7753-1910-403A-9728-FAB950CFC4C3.jpeg
1C354327-C4BB-4983-9BC3-2E2074914277.jpeg

It's weird to see a whole block of street (Markham) "disappear", especially when it was (until about 5 years ago) one of my regular haunts - Central, Butler's Pantry, Southern Accent, etc. Hopefully its reincarnation will be better than ever.

It's weird to see a whole block of street (Markham) "disappear", especially when it was (until about 5 years ago) one of my regular haunts - Central, Butler's Pantry, Southern Accent, etc. Hopefully its reincarnation will be better than ever.

The original location of the Victory Cafe as well, along with a karaoke bar I used to go to that was consumed in the assembly west of Markham St. It's been some years now, but I still get nostalgic of the homey Annex vibe along the block. Still quite the wait aways, but yeah I also look forward to the future here.

The original location of the Victory Cafe as well, along with a karaoke bar I used to go to that was consumed in the assembly west of Markham St. It's been some years now, but I still get nostalgic of the homey Annex vibe along the block. Still quite the wait aways, but yeah I also look forward to the future here.
Yes, the Victory Cafe of course. The current one on Bloor has pretty good vibes too, hope they survive the lockdown. I've been to that karaoke bar (next to Ka Chi I think, also gone). Regardless of massive development like this, I think we'll see more F&B / hospitality businesses disappearing (and replaced with new ones hopefully) over the next year or so, thanks to COVID.

Yes, the Victory Cafe of course. The current one on Bloor has pretty good vibes too, hope they survive the lockdown. I've been to that karaoke bar (next to Ka Chi I think, also gone). Regardless of massive development like this, I think we'll see more F&B / hospitality businesses disappearing (and replaced with new ones hopefully) over the next year or so, thanks to COVID.

True, unfortunately with the immediate outlook the retail scene is not going to be pretty in the upcoming period or so. The Bloor Annex/K-Town has traditionally been a hot spot for the studenty crowd though. We can only hope that by the time mid-late 2021/ or 2022 ( when this project along with others) rolls around, that we start seeing a proper rebound again.

Back