Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

My parents fully settled in Canada back in 1992, and first lived in Aylmer, Quebec. They had the option to either move to Buckingham (Quebec) or Toronto. The rest is history. ;)

^ yes the Great Gulf sale was big news and am suprised how quiet the room is. A bit worried, though I trust GG, that a faux Gehry is not being re-engineered.

But business decisions are often unpleasant. If my unfounded paranoid worries are ... unfounded... look forward to some overdue news.

But GG would move directly to my shit-list if they don't take on this (challenging/iconic) project as designed.

GG didnt hire starchitect to design Yonge Rich Condos. Gehry is working on these condos. i believe we will hear something within few months(4-5 months). please have patience.

Didn't GG apply to the city to increase the overall height due to the increased floor-to-floor height as a result of the luxury placement of the units here? As far as I know, there haven't been any updates from the city on that change, so it's not surprising that there's no visible progress. The wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly...

Is GG even qualified to construct a development like this?

Most of the time they construct cookie cutter condos. This requires finesse, tradecraft, and delicacy to make it come to fruition and I doubt they have the know how to do this.

Maybe that's why it's taking so long.

Back