Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Toronto will have TWO of them and they’ll be the tallest buildings other than the CN Tower. Holy cow.
Yeah they are going to be beauties but i don"t know for how long the tallest in our skyline?
remember Oxford have big plans nearby with multiple buildings @ Union Square

I would guess it is probably more like 5-10 years away. I can't imagine that Oxford would want to sit out for too long on a super hot Toronto office market with two giant buildings that would definitely attract some prime tenants.

its not happening until Oxford completes The HUB( which will take 5+ years to complete) and then they will start work at Union Square. takes 2+ years to get approval for the project of that scale and if the scale is going to be as big as it was initially proposed then It will be completed in 10+ years. that's just my opinion, u could be right ericmacm.

project really back? I thought project will never make it but Mirvish Gehry project will start construction soon? if yes then how long will start construction? if anyone know?

^ no one knows yet, but as WhipperSnapper said the "clock has been reset to 0" so Great Gulf are starting from zero again and it will take them 2-3 years to get approval and it will go from there.

^ no one knows yet, but has WhipperSnapper said the "clock has been reset to 0" so Great Gulf are starting from zero again and it will take them 2-3 years to get approval and it will go from there.

Whippersnapper isn't the be-all and end-all when it comes making predictions

its not happening until Oxford completes The HUB( which will take 5+ years to complete) and then they will start work at Union Square. takes 2+ years to get approval for the project of that scale and if the scale is going to be as big as it was initially proposed then It will be completed in 10+ years. that's just my opinion, u could be right ericmacm.
where can I see more details on this union square you speak of? first time hearing of it

If you read the latest submission documents, you'll see that the proponents have already had conversations with the City about treating the development fee structure as a re-submission of sorts, as opposed to those which would apply for an entirely new proposal.

If we're in the business of making predictions, I would hazard to guess that those discussions haven't been limited to fees, but likely also have included those about timelines and process, which are inherently linked to (much more substantial) cost savings (or cost avoidance, really) for the proponent.

Whatever it is, great find, golohendil. Thanks for posting.

The firm that posted the video on Vimeo is called "Montana Steele". On vimeo, their header states: "Montana Steele is an award winning Toronto based strategic marketing firm regarded as North America's leading agency for new homes and condos developments."

Their website: http://montanasteele.com/
It lists 21 BILD nominations and, 3 BILD awards won. It looks like they've marketing the Britt (former Sutton Place) as well. Quite a few people listed that they've done business with, as well.

The video was posted to their Vimeo site just about 8 hours ago. So...
Unless this is a bizarrely elaborate ruse...it looks pretty authentic. And probably new.

Montana Steele is a great company. The creative director is very assertive though.

I believe the Projectcore project is the renovation of 322 King, which I believe Mirvish will move into to vacate their existing space and move out of the way. 322 will not be coming down as part of the rest of the project I believe.
Correct. 322 Will end up as Mirvish offices below and the Mirvish Gallery above. Not sure if the gallery will be the first occupant of its space though, I would assume that area will be used initially as construction offices.

Back