Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

From ProjectCore's IG feed his week.
IMG_2279.jpg

I didn't use to pay much attention to elevators - but that was before I lived on the 50th floor of ROCP I for 10 years. Now it would be my no. 1 concern wherever I'm planning to live. I'm excited that this project is progressing, and I would love to see it built, but I would never again live on a high floor until elevator standards are raised considerably.

Do you say that about all tall buildings or...?
there a difference when you design one with a stupid cantilever of floors that could cause delays. There are many reasons why such a thing can be a bad ide like for example if there's a fire and people get cut off getting down the stairways because of fire or smoke. I would have no problem with this building if it wasn't designed just so some famous architect can show off. This building form over function. I would be amazed if it even gets built to the size it's proposed to be built to.

there a difference when you design one with a stupid cantilever of floors that could cause delays. There are many reasons why such a thing can be a bad ide like for example if there's a fire and people get cut off getting down the stairways because of fire or smoke. I would have no problem with this building if it wasn't designed just so some famous architect can show off. This building form over function. I would be amazed if it even gets built to the size it's proposed to be built to.

Have a look at the drawing posted by Chester. It's as easy as taking the elevator up, and walking down the hall. Is this really any different than a regular building?

Seems to me if you took the elevator to one of these upper floors, you would have no idea you were on a cantilevered floor unless you looked at the building before you entered.

Just about to post that

RqdY5zd.jpg

I don't know why people are so worried about elevators and stairs in these buildings? are u planning on living in one of these?

It looks like there will be an outdoor area atop the westerly cloud canopy. If one looks closely, they will notice a person or urban sasquatch.

6448-119704.jpg

As for the retail: this would be an excellent location for a flagship Club Monocle and American Cyclops.

Where can one read the documents?

When Ed's Warehouse was still in business, there was a beautiful stained glass window (perhaps there were three) in the bar, depicting Christ and some saints, I believe. Does anyone know if this is still extant, and if so, will it be preserved? I miss the ambience of that restaurant. The food was mediocre, but it was always a treat to go and eat their with my parents and siblings, when I was younger. Ed Mirvish had such an amazing collection of unique items.

ushahid, quite clearly there is someone in the area that I have directed attention to with the arrow. Use the people atop the western podium as a point of reference. They are drawn in the same likeness as that lone figure.

Last edited:
There’s either a Sasquatch or a member of the Toronto Raptors, judging by the size, maybe Jonas Valenciunas. Personally, I lean towards the idea of a Sasquatch.

There’s either a Sasquatch or a member of the Toronto Raptors, judging by the size, maybe Jonas Valenciunas. Personally, I lean towards the idea of a Sasquatch.
No, the figure appears to be the same size as the people on the sidewalks or on the western podium.

Although it's a slightly different shape than the undoubted human figures.

Happy new year 2019 to everyone !
It's a beautiful New Year gift t to learn that the towers will have a higher height.
I also love new improvements about the skyscrapers.
But, as the developer is seeking a height increase, i think it's mean to restart all
the approval process to zero.
Does that mean that the sales and construction will not start this year ?
Or will there be an exception ?
I like the towers and i would like to see them rise very soon.

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Enrigue8.

Back