Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Above is from the architectural plans submitted December 21st. I would assume they are the most up to date. Anderson building facade is included and there is indeed a podium on the east tower, though the stepbacks are more on the north side than the south as on the west tower.

What are the odds this makes it to community council in the next month or two? I can't imagine that we'll have to wait a long time considering GG was likely in contact with the planning department/city prior to resubmitting the application.

What are the odds this makes it to community council in the next month or two? I can't imagine that we'll have to wait a long time considering GG was likely in contact with the planning department/city prior to resubmitting the application.
Fingers crossed i'm dying to see this thing kick-start

Interesting that he says at the end, “I still want to do another project with Frank Gehry.”

Oh gosh, I have my fingers crossed that the man lives long enough to build a cultural building in this city. A Gehry designed Mirvish theatre is the obvious thing to do if Mirvish is openly hoping for them to work together again.

Remember that Mirvish retained the property on which the the third tower was going to be built. The city only let this project go forward on the condition that the theatre be preserved. The Princess of Wales theatre was always built as a temporary venue. There’s really nothing redeeming about it other than its function. Gehry could indeed get his entire block as originally intended but with a theatre instead of a third tower.

Back