Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Mirvish+Gehry Toronto 
260 King St W, Toronto
Developer: Great Gulf, Dream Unlimited, Westdale Properties, Projectcore

Mirvish+Gehry Toronto | 329m | 91s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

With Gehry’s tower and BIG’s King project just down the street joining Roy Thomson Hall which was ahead of its time, King Street is really starting to become an architectural tour. Theatre Park is another beauty on King. I hope that this sparks developers to be more daring and hire world renowned architects to design their buildings.

Bayer

I didn't use to pay much attention to elevators - but that was before I lived on the 50th floor of ROCP I for 10 years. Now it would be my no. 1 concern wherever I'm planning to live. I'm excited that this project is progressing, and I would love to see it built, but I would never again live on a high floor until elevator standards are raised considerably.

Do you say that about all tall buildings or...?
there a difference when you design one with a stupid cantilever of floors that could cause delays. There are many reasons why such a thing can be a bad ide like for example if there's a fire and people get cut off getting down the stairways because of fire or smoke. I would have no problem with this building if it wasn't designed just so some famous architect can show off. This building form over function. I would be amazed if it even gets built to the size it's proposed to be built to.

there a difference when you design one with a stupid cantilever of floors that could cause delays. There are many reasons why such a thing can be a bad ide like for example if there's a fire and people get cut off getting down the stairways because of fire or smoke. I would have no problem with this building if it wasn't designed just so some famous architect can show off. This building form over function. I would be amazed if it even gets built to the size it's proposed to be built to.
Have a look at the drawing posted by Chester. It's as easy as taking the elevator up, and walking down the hall. Is this really any different than a regular building?

Seems to me if you took the elevator to one of these upper floors, you would have no idea you were on a cantilevered floor unless you looked at the building before you entered.

Just about to post that

It looks like there will be an outdoor area atop the westerly cloud canopy. If one looks closely, they will notice a person or urban sasquatch.

6448-119704.jpg

As for the retail: this would be an excellent location for a flagship Club Monocle and American Cyclops.

Where can one read the documents?

When Ed's Warehouse was still in business, there was a beautiful stained glass window (perhaps there were three) in the bar, depicting Christ and some saints, I believe. Does anyone know if this is still extant, and if so, will it be preserved? I miss the ambience of that restaurant. The food was mediocre, but it was always a treat to go and eat their with my parents and siblings, when I was younger. Ed Mirvish had such an amazing collection of unique items.

ushahid, quite clearly there is someone in the area that I have directed attention to with the arrow. Use the people atop the western podium as a point of reference. They are drawn in the same likeness as that lone figure.

Last edited: