Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Based on those renders the curtain wall could have something similar to One57 in New York. Hopefully a little less blue however.

one57-building.jpg

Source

Yay some new renders to play with! ;) I took the back end rendering and placed it more realistically. The view corridor down McCaul Street is gonna really transform. This new design has been growing on me, somehow this design really feels like it compliments the Alsop Tabletop.

(Background from Google streetview, Building renders via Frank Gehry & Associates)

mirvishgehryrender.png

Yay some new renders to play with! ;) I took the back end rendering and placed it more realistically. The view corridor down McCaul Street is gonna really transform. This new design has been growing on me, somehow this design really feels like it compliments the Alsop Tabletop.

(Background from Google streetview, Building renders via Frank Gehry & Associates)

View attachment 299241
They look a little bit too far west to me, but amazing job!

View attachment 299241

I liked this until I realized that the iconic CN tower view is going to be gone. 😕

5E9F9CA5-93F6-48BE-9631-63A7DE30D6E8.jpeg

It's amazing how many people give this rendering a thumbs up. Can they create something different. Because this building is going to be seen from afar when completed ! And who knows if it's going to look good or bad! Like the complaints you hear today about the Aura Tower.

It's amazing how many people give this rendering a thumbs up. Can they create something different. Because this building is going to be seen from afar when completed ! And who knows if it's going to look good or bad! Like the complaints you hear today about the Aura Tower.
You can literally say that about any building. Who knows if it'll look good??? Your opinion of the design doesn't and shouldn't matter to the developers or influence the design when the majority of people are fine with it.

To risk stating the obvious, they really can't afford to mess with the cladding on this one. So GG needs to stay away from the bargain spandrel from Home Depot...no matter how tempting it's on their budget it maybe. Or this project will turn to crap in an instant, IMO.

I liked this until I realized that the iconic CN tower view is going to be gone. 😕
Not entirely gone. It will still peek out from the top, assuming it will be built from there.

That's a pretty nihilistic statement - positing that prior track record of developers and architects doesn't matter (when it does). In this instance it isn't just the rendering - it is clear articulation by the architects involved what the design changes are - and how the details (cladding, massing, etc) will work. If anything I am inclined to believe the renders will undersell, not oversell this proposal.

AoD

Back