Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

To clarify the above, all Towers are measured to tip of Spire and not Flat Roof.
I found your 7 m. ;)

Also regarding the Height of FCP issue with nothing being taller - Yes, that is real but it is a BMO rule from when they built the Tower - Nothing within a city block (Note ScotiaBank Tower, Trump(Marriot now)) can be equal to or exceed the Height of FCP - BMO made this rule with the condition either it's accepted, or they don't build. - They wanted to rule the Financial Core and this is how they have managed to do so.

I would like to add that this agreement has probably changed to some degree over the course of time and how the City has grown.

Every time I open this thread, there's a slight hope for actual news on this project. I'm such a fool.

The unlimited height limit is a misnomer as you have the NPS shadowing guidelines.

Yup, lets get back to talking about this approved amazing 2-tower 305/275 meter Gehry/Great Gulf project,
... in an area with height limits and not shadowing Nathan Philips Square

To clarify the above, all Towers are measured to tip of Spire and not Flat Roof.
I found your 7 m. ;)

Also regarding the Height of FCP issue with nothing being taller - Yes, that is real but it is a BMO rule from when they built the Tower - Nothing within a city block (Note ScotiaBank Tower, Trump(Marriot now)) can be equal to or exceed the Height of FCP - BMO made this rule with the condition either its accepted, or they don't build. - They wanted to rule the Financial Core and this is how they have managed to do so.

I would like to add that this agreement has probably changed to some degree over the course of time and how the City has grown.

Except FCP has no spire. Unless you count its antennae, which don't count anyway, and are significantly taller than 7m.

It is possible the GoogleEarth measuring technique is confused by the setback of FCP's mechanical penthouse. I can't imagine the official measurement being off by as much as 7 meters, which is considerable.
It isn't. Google Earth has a curser elevation meausure. The roof of the mechancial penthouse is 1239ft ASL. King street is 280ft ASL. This means that FCP is 959ft tall, or 292m.

Again, I wouldn't rely on Google earth to get it even to the exact metre, but it's not going to register 292m when it's actually 298m.

How are you getting these numbers? I got to Google Earth and at the edge of the tower I'm getting 373m - is that from sealevel?

I saw one of my client today with a folder in his hand with a picture of the Mirvish+Gehry (I would’ve pay to open it) , I could brielvy talk to him (I’m a men’s hairstylist and I didn’t do his hair this time) .

I don’t know his role in this project, I just saw on linkedin he his apparently a Manager, development investment for Dream unlimited, so I just ask him an update, and what he told me is that, he met Mervish or Gehry(or both? I don’t remember) , they are hoping for the sales by this fall/winter, construction would start early next year.

I usually do his hair so next haircut, next update, I’m gonna harass him to know everything:D

Last edited:
I saw one of my client today with a folder in his hand with a picture of the Mirvish+Gehry (I would’ve pay to open it) , I could brielvy talk to him (I’m a men’s hairstylist and I didn’t do his hair this time) .

I don’t know his role in this project, I just saw on linkedin he his Manager, development investment apparently, so I just ask him an update, and what he told me is that, he met Mervish or Gehry(or both? I don’t remember) , they are hoping for the sales by this fall/winter, construction would start early next year.

I usually do his hair so next haircut, next update, I gonna harass him know everything:D

First 30 Bay and now M+G - you have the *best* clients. :D

AoD

Back