Toronto Mirabella Condominiums | 120m | 38s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

So, if I have this right, the towers will be shorter and fatter with more above-ground parking. Good work City!

There's less shadowing on Sir Casimir Gzowski Park (the green area across Lake Shore with the bike path, the boardwalk, and the beaches), so that's a positive result, but frankly I'm not expecting too much else positive from this development. The only other good thing I can see coming from this is that there will be retail at the corner of Lake Shore and Windermere.

The podium is a storey taller than the already ugly Park Lake development to the east of it, and will sport a big, clunky pre-cast/stucco treatment facing the Gardiner. That wall should be subject to an art competition to provide something pleasing to look at without be too distracting for drivers. In regards to the towers, as they are simple boxes with wrap-around balconies, here's hoping that they go as simple and classic Modernist as possible with as few mullions as possible.

For the life of me, I don't understand why there will be a 7.5 metre-wide gap left between the west end of Park Lake and the east end of this complex as I see nothing to to gained through some sort of view corridor between the buildings: it's just going to be a precast canyon in which it will be difficult to grow anything at all. Bizarre in the extreme.

On its way...

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,552
No updates at all. In my opinion, this project is dead.
Wouldnt be a bad thing at all if that was the case. I feel bad for people who would live around around a development like this because there are absolutely no amenities around the area. Everything is at least a 10-15 min drive away even for just the smallest task.

This area is probably the most random area in the city to put any kind development, let alone residential development.

The area's not a great one for walking to shop, but if you like lakefront parks, you just have to cross the street. Take a bike and you can be downtown in 15 to 20 minutes. With a car though, in a two-minute drive they could get gas and convenience items. With a three-minute drive, they could go to Metro or Shoppers if they go southwest, Sobeys and Shoppers, an LCBO, the bank, etc., if they go west, the Cheese Boutique if they go north, or the Boulevard Club if they go east. A five-minute drive would get them to Bloor West Village. A ten minute drive would have them at Sherway Gardens.

The area's not a great one for walking to shop, but if you like lakefront parks, you just have to cross the street. Take a bike and you can be downtown in 15 to 20 minutes. With a car though, in a two-minute drive they could get gas and convenience items. With a three-minute drive, they could go to Metro or Shoppers if they go southwest, Sobeys and Shoppers, an LCBO, the bank, etc., if they go west, the Cheese Boutique if they go north, or the Boulevard Club if they go east. A five-minute drive would get them to Bloor West Village. A ten minute drive would have them at Sherway Gardens.

All good points, I guess I was exaggerating a little bit with the times by accounting for the crazy rush hour traffic along this stretch. Especially with that Humber/Gardiner/Lakeshore interchange.

True—add extra time to all of those numbers at rush hour, but that's pretty much true everywhere. I do agree that this area will not best serve those who want to walk everywhere, but by building here—and hopefully the plot on the other side of Windermere will also be built upon—there might be a critical mass living here to support a couple more shops at street level.

Back