Toronto Minto Yorkville Park Condos | 75.89m | 25s | Minto Group | IBI Group

The building to be demolished. What a tight site. I don't think they'll have the luxury of being able to close off part of the street, there's just not enough room.

94cumbn16.jpg

Remember that "fire" at Sassafraz a few years ago? Gee, ever wonder what the real intention was??....

I wonder if we'll see any other downtown primarily Victorian residential streets go commercial during the next 50 years? I could easily see Huron, Baldwin between Spadina and Beverly, perhaps even some near the the Drake etc go retail. Basically, repeating the Yorkville/K-market model.

Last edited:
The building to be demolished. What a tight site. I don't think they'll have the luxury of being able to close off part of the street, there's just not enough room.

94cumbn16.jpg

They own the lot behind it and the building behind it. That should ease the staging significantly.

To those questioning the height- it's already a 9-storey block with almost no setbacks. How will 26 storeys contoured tower with more vibrant retail (maybe a new Letierri?) detract further from the streetscape? Please enlighten me.

Last edited:
I wonder why they don't keep the 94 Cumberland office building and stack the condos on top, like Quadrangle's addition atop 155 Cumberland?

I guess, among other things (structural limitations?), the availability of parking spots for all the additional units would be a problem.

Last edited:
I'm sure going to miss that Lettieri. Great spot to people watch during the summer. This is prime location for retail, i would hate to see offices or a bank stuck on ground floor like One Bedford.

I'm sure going to miss that Lettieri. Great spot to people watch during the summer. This is prime location for retail, i would hate to see offices or a bank stuck on ground floor like One Bedford.

Not a chance. This is AAA. One Bedford is a solid A- or B+ location. You are more likely to find a new Tom Ford store here than a bank.

I wonder why they don't keep the 94 Cumberland office building and stack the condos on top, like Quadrangle's addition atop 155 Cumberland?

I guess, among other things (structural limitations?), the availability of parking spots for all the additional units would be a problem.

Another anti-alibi: a less-glam existing cladding, plus no "Philip Johnson" Torno penthouse...

Back