Toronto Minto Westside | 68.88m | 20s | Minto Group | Wallman Architects

I was initially upset that this building was going to block REVE Condo forever, but I am okay now seeing how this turned up.
The building is also overwhelming than I initially anticipated

Last edited:
DSC05599.JPG

fullsizeoutput_263c.jpeg

DSC05601.JPG

DSC05783.JPG

DSC05868.JPG

DSC05870.JPG

This is maybe going to be a controversial hot take that some may see as disrespectful, but here goes. I fully recognize and respect that people may have different perspectives on this.

They should plant more trees at Fort York and reimagine the site. Maybe that wouldn't be accurate to how it was historically, but I think it's ok and welcome for historic sites to evolve if done respectfully. It's a such a sun-drenched, monotonous hostile space. (Then again the same thing can be said for many Toronto's sun-drenched lawn style parks, so maybe there are people that like that.) To me, the site isn't really that interesting or compelling as a space IMO, the buildings are not that nice, and it isn't integrated well into the city. Imagine how much nicer it would be for everyone and how much better the buildings would feel if they had trees and landscaping around them. In a city lacking in green space, do we really need to devote so much of it to preserving a micro-scale colonial history site in amber that people don't seem to really care that much about? (Maybe I'm just projecting here and people love Fort York, but it doesn't seem like the site captures the imagination, interest, and hearts of Torontonians that much.)

Imagine the foreground of that photo above as a lush area full of people. Imagine the site as a place people could comfortably walk through and spend time in, and through that come to appreciate and understand the history more.

Back