Toronto Minto Westside | 68.88m | 20s | Minto Group | Wallman Architects

If such highly visible aspects of this heap are so shoddy then imagine how shoddy the invisble bits are. The plumbing, electrical, HVAC etc.

Despite the beautiful streetscape and wondrous view of the rail corridor, Gardiner and City Place, I don't think I'd purchase here.

If such highly visible aspects of this heap are so shoddy then imagine how shoddy the invisble bits are. The plumbing, electrical, HVAC etc.

Despite the beautiful streetscape and wondrous view of the rail corridor, Gardiner and City Place, I don't think I'd purchase here.

Yea, just not a fan of this one and agree that if the exterior is shoddy, the interior is likely worse. The things I've seen by just walking around partially finished units :eek:

From yesterday:
IMG_3017.jpeg
IMG_3018.jpeg
IMG_3026.jpeg

So we need to wait for the garbage to be complete before calling it what it is? Funny, Allied is building a residential project just north of here as well and it doesn't resemble this risible dreck in any way. It's also currently unfinished, btw.

I can't disagree, but I'll reserve judgement on certain construction aspects. There are other things to complain about that are done, like that colour scheme on the walls behind the pillars. I hope it's backlit like what the concept alludes to, otherwise fire that designer.

As for ceiling height written here somewhere, the higher floors are 10ft.

The ceiling heights vary in this building. A portion of the 2nd floor has 10' ceilings (as opposed to 8' or 9'), while the floors above have 8', 8.5', 9' and 10' (for the penthouse level).

The ceiling heights vary in this building. A portion of the 2nd floor has 10' ceilings (as opposed to 8' or 9'), while the floors above have 8', 8.5', 9' and 10' (for the penthouse level).

Not all that unusual for a lower floor (Second or Third floor depending on the building) to have a greater ceiling height (slab-to-slab distance). The horizontal runs for the building hot and cold water risers, along with the horizontal runs for the heating / cooling system water pipe risers would be in the corridor ceiling spaces of these floors. It is not generally practical to run these pipes in the ground floor ceiling due to the non-typical floor layouts and higher clearance requirements for lobbies, ground floor retail, loading docks, and other building services.

Ever since seeing the article about no ovens in the kitchens of the smallest units, I now refer to this project as the MoneyGrab Condos.

"Minto MoneyGrab", has a great ring to it, doesn't it?

It's the top 2-3 floors that have 10' ceilings, not just penthouse. It's the contributing factor to why I purchased a unit here instead of Concord's Newton. But looking at the finished product, a bit of regret not to choose Newton over Westside.

I wasn't aware they offered units with no ovens. Reminds me of 1 King West.

I'm also seeing more pictures regarding their Niagara West apartment (that they kept quiet about through the entire purchasing process. Even the model showed it as an empty space (ya, right)). It's even coming across a bit more luxurious in fit and finish than the condo itself. A rooftop park? Do the condo owners get one too? No mention of it.

Last edited:
It's the top 2-3 floors that have 10' ceilings, not just penthouse. It's the contributing factor to why I purchased a unit here instead of Concord's Newton. But looking at the finished product, a bit of regret not to choose Newton over Westside.

I wasn't aware they offered units with no ovens. Reminds me of 1 King West.

I'm also seeing more pictures regarding their Niagara West apartment (that they kept quiet about through the entire purchasing process. Even the model showed it as an empty space (ya, right)). It's even coming across a bit more luxurious in fit and finish than the condo itself. A rooftop park? Do the condo owners get one too? No mention of it.

But weren't there plans? How does the builder swing that (no ovens)?

Looking at some of the units for rent...I don't know about this one. This is basically a storage room.

C4470524-5.jpg

C4470524-1.jpg

C4507288-6.jpg

C4507288-7.jpg

pics from www.bungol.ca

But weren't there plans? How does the builder swing that (no ovens)?

Looking at some of the units for rent...I don't know about this one. This is basically a storage room.

C4470524-5.jpg

C4470524-1.jpg

C4507288-6.jpg

C4507288-7.jpg

pics from www.bungol.ca

There were plans for those units and detailed furnishing lists that stated no ovens. I wasn't looking for these sizes so I had to look it up just now in brochure. I lived in smaller in England, but the rent price was right compared to this unit.

Whoever got these units got exactly what they wanted.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks "no ovens" makes sense? I have an oven but rarely use it, and when I do it's more just me trying to pretend like I know how to make something exotic for the girlfriend. Functionally, you don't need an oven. If you really like baking, then you should rent/buy a different place.

If given the option, I'd probably exchange my oven for $500 (or whatever) in savings and more cupboard space (though whether those savings were actually passed along to the purchasers in this case is an open question...).

Am I the only one who thinks "no ovens" makes sense? I have an oven but rarely use it, and when I do it's more just me trying to pretend like I know how to make something exotic for the girlfriend. Functionally, you don't need an oven. If you really like baking, then you should rent/buy a different place.

If given the option, I'd probably exchange my oven for $500 (or whatever) in savings and more cupboard space (though whether those savings were actually passed along to the purchasers in this case is an open question...).

You can actually get away without having an oven especially if you have a good toaster oven. I'm not sure if it works for resale though. We are still programmed to want an oven....even though we won't use it. Similarly, same thing with balconies. Most don't even use em, but want em.

It may work for you when you buy it but like most features in a pre construction, it's also about resale value (unless someone intends to live in an oven less home for the rest of their lives :)).

You'd exclude a group of buyers from your resale: probably families or people who like to cook. A $500 discount from the developer is completely not worth it to ding you in the resale value, probably at least thousands less than comparable units. Similarly for units too close to the highway, no balcony, weird layout etc., etc.,

Personally I am a big cook and live downtown and would not consider an oven less condo or the 2 burner stoves like the picture. I made most meals at home for me and the family

Back