Sunday:

DSC_0401.JPG
DSC_0459.JPG
DSC_0462_PC.jpg
DSC_0472.JPG
DSC_0474.JPG
DSC_0475.JPG
DSC_0476.JPG

Just curious if anyone's seen any progress on getting the ground floor retail ready for the Farm Boy opening? I assume that this has been slowed/stalled given C19, but it would be great to see that open this year still.

Those photos of the streetscape... yikes. Oil-canning panels all over the place, awkward gaps and poor detailing, and an entire streetscape of white aluminum. No thanks.

I hope Minto is happy with their profits on the 1200 units here because it's certainly not a legacy project. Good from afar, far from good.

Those photos of the streetscape... yikes. Oil-canning panels all over the place, awkward gaps and poor detailing, and an entire streetscape of white aluminum. No thanks.

I hope Minto is happy with their profits on the 1200 units here because it's certainly not a legacy project. Good from afar, far from good.

This is exactly how I feel about this building. I personally have a strong distaste towards aluminum paneling as the main cladding material (I think it looks cheap and impermanent and generally will not age well), but that's a personal taste, so sure, I can semi-objectively set that aside for the moment, but the ground plane is really inexcusable -- there seems to have been no thought whatsoever put to placement and treatment of points of entry and exit, mechanical, etc.

It looks worse in person I can tell you that. It looks shoddy, messy and overall lazy with little attention to details.
The retail components have not even opened yet. Unclear if they signed a tenant apart from FarmBoy which says that it should move in within 2020 but it doesn't look like any progress or modification has been made to the retail components for such

Still, almost none of the cladding panels match, there are loads of gaps visible from a distance.

Surprised Minto had such shoddy craftsmanship. The panels are very poorly installed, worse from up close.
Can only imagine the areas that we cannot see...

Back