Toronto The Metropolitan | 113.99m | 37s | Lancer Developments

It could eventually occur.. but the building would probably have to lose 15 storeys.

If you ask me, this would be a great spot for a new city park. The city could buy the land from the church and the church could use the money for a full restoration a la St Mikes.

Exactly what I suggested back at post #201

May the development be permanently scuttled!

This remains a near perfect spot for public parkland.

The City's buy's the grounds, the Church doesn't have to maintain them, you can showcase a couple of heritage properties, re-do Bond street beautifully w/a pedestrian orientation.

Condos should never have been conceived of at this location.

The green P on the south side of Queen here is the most expensive in the city, I know that. I'm amazed Green P isn't looking at adding a few floors to it.

Also, it's really difficult for underground garages to be profitable at a commercial operation. When you are looking at $50-$60,000 a spot in construction costs.. it's tough to mortgage that effectively, even with $30/day in parking fees and $350/month in monthly passes that this area demands. Structured garages are easier - they cost about $30k a space, but are a lot tougher to get approved.

They are pretty much finished paving the parking lot.

IMG_6502.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6502.JPG
    IMG_6502.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 906
As parts of the city flood and flood and flood again this summer, I can't believe we're still paving over large areas, making them impermeable to the rain. A little bit more sophistication needed and thought given around these parts please!

Indeed! To make things worse, the City has a Green Parking Lot standard - which has never been formally adopted or, god forbid, made compulsory! See: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...ign-guidelines/greening-surface-parking-lots/

For a booming city, there remains so many untouched surface parking lots downtown. I guess with the Well, the Hub and the Yorkville projects, we are slowly getting rid of these eyesores. I can’t even imagine what Toronto was like back in the 70s (not that I want to).

What has transpired in the way of parking lots and brownfield development since 2001 is incredible. All for big towers too. I would say there are very few parking lots now you can fit a condo tower on. It's worse for brownfields which were in the hundreds of acres when UT was born.

Goodness, from the last render of what might go up here, I'm surprised this thread hadn't started back in 1987...

Back