Toronto MEC Queen Street (Mountain Equipment Coop) | 21.03m | 3s | Parallax | Sweeny &Co

I saw a MEC in suburban London yesterday whose architecture was 100 times better than this piece of shit.

What an insult given the location.

Pics taken Dec 23, 2018

fullsizeoutput_1ee0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ee1.jpeg

It could be worse when I consider the MEC brick box they erected down the road from me on Sheppard E. But I do admit I was expecting more here considering the location on a dynamic downtown street- the design does seem equally suited to a suburban outlet. It's brick at least and hopefully they lose the window film.

It could be worse when I consider the MEC brick box they erected down the road from me on Sheppard E. But I do admit I was expecting more here considering the location on a dynamic downtown street- the design does seem equally suited to a suburban outlet. It's brick at least and hopefully they lose the window film.

I, do have to say the design is equivalent to that.

^ It was of course tongue in cheek. I know that this thing is here to stay. Hopefully they cover it in ivy or something.

I'm thinking that in the long term, it'll affect their sales. King West is a much more affluent demographic than Queen, not to mention much higher residential density. People go in because it's close by and end up spending money. Queen Street seems like more of a deliberate trip. I doubt I'll be going that often. I'll just end up ordering more of my biking, sports goods and camping supplies on Amazon.
You do realize the new store is about 300m from the old store and now located on one of the prime shopping streets in TO right? Not to mention you have to lose a lot of $10 impulse purchase water bottles to recoup the 10s of millions they made on this land trade.

Back