Toronto Max Condos | 113.99m | 36s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

C733CE7B-3858-4A4F-B97E-328C4B44946D.jpeg
32081187-A460-488B-B6E4-865BB281D55E.jpeg
40E149BB-7FD2-4C9E-8C45-33D520D88E45.jpeg

What did we do to deserve this? I nominate this for the worst new build of 2020.

Tribute should get a plaque plastered right in front of this development to celebrate their abominable accomplishment.

We build so many that look like that it's almost 'Toronto Style' at this point.

I made the mistake of perusing New York development threads the other day. It was uplifting looking at so many wonderful looking buildings but depressing when I returned back to look at ours. We're doing much better than 10 years ago and have some gems. That said, there's still a considerable drop off in quality and design standards between the 2 cities. We're supposedly building a premier global metropolis here. We need to do better.

Last edited:
Between 365 Church and this, I still have to say the former is worse..but barely. At least the balconies are...just a titch more creatively done, atleast in placement. The wave of colour thing is disgusting, but it distracts from the bad cladding of two sides of this tower....whereas 365 Church is painful on every side.
I don't get Tribute...I really don't. They did an alright job with Stanley Condos...the tower is great, the podium is meh...but then they have this....thing to further degrade any sense of architectural quality from this area.

Between 365 Church and this, I still have to say the former is worse..but barely. At least the balconies are...just a titch more creatively done, atleast in placement. The wave of colour thing is disgusting, but it distracts from the bad cladding of two sides of this tower....whereas 365 Church is painful on every side.
I see your 365 Church and raise you one Design Haus

At least Design Haus retains a facade and has a better street level than the other two projects. It's easily the same as 365 Church by materiality and creativity, but the retention of the facade at least saves the street corner from being a total disaster...you just gotta remind yourself to not look up unless it's pitch dark out haha.

At least Design Haus retains a facade and has a better street level than the other two projects. It's easily the same as 365 Church by materiality and creativity, but the retention of the facade at least saves the street corner from being a total disaster...you just gotta remind yourself to not look up unless it's pitch dark out haha.
Design Haus did not retain a facade. What's there now is a mediocre-to-poor replication of a facade that was torn down… it's little consolation, but yes, it's better that it's there.

Design Haus did not retain a facade. What's there now is a mediocre-to-poor replication of a facade that was torn down… it's little consolation, but yes, it's better that it's there.

Apologies...I totally forgot. I haven't really gotten to know the prior building too well. I think even if I had, the lack of sobriety I had passing by it on occasion would've warped my idea of whether or not this building currently going up was retaining it or not.

Back