Toronto Maven | 26.52m | 7s | Empire | Rafael + Bigauskas

This building has been at 4 storeys on the north side, 3 storeys at the south for 6- 8 weeks. Does anyone have an update?

This building has been at 4 storeys on the north side, 3 storeys at the south for 6- 8 weeks. Does anyone have an update?
That's really nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe a bit slower than usual, but still well within the extremes of fast and slow seen in recent years. Remember that it took roughly a year to build the podium levels for The Madison at Yonge and Eglinton.

Update: https://fortressrealdevelopments.com/projects/brookdale/
April, 2018
Construction at Brookdale is progressing with concrete being poured for the 4th floor slab of the 8-storey mid-rise building. The building is expected to top off later this year with interior finishes also expected to start at that time. The Behar Group has been retained to execute leasing of the ground floor retail.

Another month has passed since I last reported progress and it is unchanged. Still at 4 storeys on the north side, 3 storeys on the south. The height of the building has not changed since at least January. Not sure if I would call this "progressing." I don't go by the site too often, but every time I go by there are no workers present, even on weekdays with favourable weather.

At end of June 2018, bankruptcy has been filed for the Brookdale On Avenue project (second time ... 1st Mady)

must be a curse or something :(

There is now a for sale sign on the property. I guess someone will be 'third time it's a charm' developers.

Looks like Brookdale may have finally sold.

"A sale of Fortress’s Brookdale condominium project on Avenue Road in Toronto – which was put up for sale in June by receiver RSM Canada – should be announced shortly, Mr. Davidson said, “and represents a substantial land price for the [Greater Toronto Area] with significant benefit to secured land holders.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...ortress-searching-for-buyers-for-many-of-its/

December 15th 2018: workers onsite today for the first time, in a very long time.
20181215_112813.jpg
20181215_105543.jpg
20181215_105525.jpg
20181215_105609.jpg

Back