Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

Today....

Massey-1.jpg

Massey-2.jpg

Massey-3.jpg

Massey-4.jpg

Massey-5.jpg

Some hefty plumbing there!!

Massey-6.jpg

Massey-7.jpg

Attachments

• Massey-1.jpg
    Massey-1.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 579
  • Massey-2.jpg
    Massey-2.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 504
  • Massey-3.jpg
    Massey-3.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 533
  • Massey-4.jpg
    Massey-4.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 573
  • Massey-5.jpg
    Massey-5.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 521
  • Massey-6.jpg
    Massey-6.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 551
  • Massey-7.jpg
    Massey-7.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 513
At least from certain angles in our skyline, this is going to be superb.

Just not from the north.... For some reason on the northern side this condo just adds to the grittiness and grime of Yonge st. Rather than a clear sky, we have dark glass reflecting down upon the walkers of Yonge and Dundas.

At least from certain angles in our skyline, this is going to be superb.

Just not from the north.... For some reason on the northern side this condo just adds to the grittiness and grime of Yonge st. Rather than a clear sky, we have dark glass reflecting down upon the walkers of Yonge and Dundas.
I agree. Wrap around balconies would have gone a long way here.

Can anyone explain the two levels of heritage designation? I understand there is the heritage designated vs. heritage listed? Is that correct? I was curious as my work group were discussing this, and no one had a clear answer. I assume that applied here with the Massey tower?

Designated = Protected.
Listed = Not Protected, but potential protection to be considered when/if a development application comes forward.

Designated = Protected.
Listed = Not Protected, but potential protection to be considered when/if a development application comes forward.
To make this point more clear;

Listed properties are to be assumed as Designated status (for the purposes of the planning process) until their final report is completed.

So noone can decide to just get a demo permit for a listed property.

Listed properties are to be assumed as Designated status (for the purposes of the planning process) until their final report is completed.

Haha, so in other words abolish the OMB, designate everything heritage, and slow down development! ...then everyone down at City Hall can have bit more down time:p

Not really. Demolition of a listed property is delayed for only 60 days. A municipality can further delay demolition by issuing a notice of intention to designate.

Aside from Massey, really neat seeing the extra tall lobby level of 488 University and the scaffolding atop the CF building. Reminds me how much I would have liked to see the tower realized at 2 Queen West, which would have accompanied Massey Tower very nicely from this vantage point.

Back