Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

From my friends roof last Saturday

PkoQXc7.jpg

man that's going up at a great clip

This morning:
IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8083.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8083.JPG
    IMG_8083.JPG
    789 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_8084.jpg
    IMG_8084.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 522
Yeah, it's weirdly striking. It gives the building a somewhat schizo vibe. That said, I love the curved elements and it's still going to be a beautiful tower - curious, maybe, but still exciting.

Can anyone explain the two levels of heritage designation? I understand there is the heritage designated vs. heritage listed? Is that correct? I was curious as my work group were discussing this, and no one had a clear answer. I assume that applied here with the Massey tower?

https://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=a5d20621f3161410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

How does designation differ from listing?

Although these terms are often used interchangeably, they are different. "Listing" a property on the Heritage Register allows Heritage Preservation Services to review development and building applications affecting those properties. It also requires the owner to give the City 60 days notice of his or her intention to demolish the property. "Designation" confers a legal status on a property by a specific city by-law under the Ontario Heritage Act and gives City Council the legal authority to refuse an application that will adversely affect the property's heritage attributes. Designation may fall under one of two categories under the Ontario Heritage Act: Part IV (individual property designation) or Part V (Heritage Conservation District designation).

Back