IMG_4503.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4503.JPG
    IMG_4503.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 320

TDotTeen

Member Bio
Reaction score
I wasn't really convinced I'd like this one, but now it's (literally) growing on me. I can't wait to see it rise!

raptor

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great picture! I love the building, but how was it allowed having balconies right up to the property line? Doesn't it essentially block the property to the south from ever building up?

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The perspective correction is just crazy on this one! By pulling everything vertical here when you're up so close, it seems to be bursting out as it climbs higher, and the cantilevered platforms only add to that effect!

skycandy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Canyonlands.

This will make a nice impact coming down Yonge....and a nice addition at NPS (still just the crane visible at ground level).

Massey.1.jpg

Massey.2.jpg

Massey.3.jpg

Massey.4.jpg

Massey.5.jpg

Attachments

• Massey.1.jpg
    Massey.1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 316
  • Massey.2.jpg
    Massey.2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 217
  • Massey.3.jpg
    Massey.3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 351
  • Massey.4.jpg
    Massey.4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 319
  • Massey.5.jpg
    Massey.5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 296

slicecom

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great picture! I love the building, but how was it allowed having balconies right up to the property line? Doesn't it essentially block the property to the south from ever building up?

I have no idea if its a thing in Toronto, but I've heard of buildings buying the air rights of neighbouring properties to do this sort of thing in NYC.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, the owner of the building to the south signed something like a "limiting agreement" (I cannot remember the legal term for the document): they have no intention of redeveloping the heritage office building to the south.
I have no idea if its a thing in Toronto, but I've heard of buildings buying the air rights of neighbouring properties to do this sort of thing in NYC.
That happened here years ago, but it's not typically done anymore in Toronto, and did not happen in this case. Buildings pretty much have to have to make a case for their size on their own merits.

Last edited: