Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

Third crane going up. pics to follow, but it looks to be the same as the other two, and it's positioned on the south east corner of the project.

There were also engineers inspecting and uncovering capped rebar. Given that rust expands over time and would crack the pillars, I suspect some exposed rebar will be pulled put. There was a big pile of free rebar in the SW corner of the site carted away on Thursday.

There were also engineers inspecting and uncovering capped rebar. Given that rust expands over time and would crack the pillars, I suspect some exposed rebar will be pulled put. There was a big pile of free rebar in the SW corner of the site carted away on Thursday.

Given my birds eye view...I learn things. They are soda-blasting (or sand-blasting) the exposed rebar, removing the rust.

This was also done when construction resumed on Reve, after the hotel project was abandoned - sandblasting the exposed rebar to remove any rust before resumption of the actual construction activies.

AHK

Given my birds eye view...I learn things. They are soda-blasting (or sand-blasting) the exposed rebar, removing the rust.

Today, I love all those shiny orange cranes

This one's gonna rise fast.

Once the existing rebar is done priming, the pouring can begin. And even if the first few floors go slowly, it'll probably top out in about 6 months.

Doors open in 12 perhaps?

This one's gonna rise fast.

Once the existing rebar is done priming, the pouring can begin. And even if the first few floors go slowly, it'll probably top out in about 6 months.

Doors open in 12 perhaps?

Their July 26 2011 Press Release seems to disagree with you. MaRS Centre Phase 2 will be developed and operated by MaRS and has an anticipated completion date of September 2013.

Their July 26 2011 Press Release seems to disagree with you. MaRS Centre Phase 2 will be developed and operated by MaRS and has an anticipated completion date of September 2013.

Makes sense (24 months)...when all said and done, to build a 23 storey office building from the ground floor up and have it in full operation.

Sept 02
6107557379_d9d8c55128_b.jpg

6107555279_f0dab5c8b5_b.jpg

6108099374_e744aafc97_b.jpg

6107549587_7390e09387_b.jpg

6107550091_6b0d65501d_b.jpg

6108097548_e16971e7b4_b.jpg

The engineer/pm probably went ape around 7:30 a.m. this morning. The concrete formers are out of practice: they pulled off wall forms this morning, showing off ragged open gaps.

Back