Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Looks great so far. Amazing what can be achieved when developers make an effort to respect the context of the neighbourhood. I wish more new developments used brick.

from today
11282010054.jpg

Any one else notice the amount of steel re-enforcement they are using south wall of the tower? You can see it in the third from last picture above. I guess that is for a rail crash barrier.

Any one else notice the amount of steel re-enforcement they are using south wall of the tower? You can see it in the third from last picture above. I guess that is for a rail crash barrier.

It will be used a retaining wall to allow GO to add another track north of what there.

Nice pics Drum! That 11th shot looks very European to me, and reminds me a lot of Zurich, just because of the density while everything is lowrise, and there is a substantial rail transit system running through the middle. Very cool!

I copied these pics from a facebook group

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 234
The big retail space facing Jarvis, will be a Shopper's Drug Mart.
[video=youtube;v9aonMYIFpM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9aonMYIFpM[/video]

The browny-red brick and dark window frames are so very Rotterdam waterfront. (If you don't know the terraced buildings I refer to, let me know and I'll find a pic. to post.)

Thanks for the update.

This has to be the slowest build currently going on. They finished all of the foundation work in August for the tower. That was by far and away the hardest part of this job. This site 100 years ago was under water. The soil there is anything but stable - when you dig the hole will fill with water. 5 months later they have done 1.5 floors. Something else is going on here - mind you, it's the same construction company that did the Bloor St Project.

JG

I don't think the foundation was the hardest part since they just used pilons. I have a place on the 4th floor of the podium. Last week I asked about putting radiant heating under the tiled floors and was told that the tiles were already down. I also noticed when I drove by yesterday that the drywall is already up on the first couple of floors - couldn't see the top floors.

Back