Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

I recently moved out of this building and I can honestly say it's the nicest place I've lived in Toronto. I loved coming home to that view down Market in the evening.

From the train on October 1:

mktwDSC06972.jpg
mktwDSC06973.jpg
mktwDSC06974.jpg

Attachments

• mktwDSC06972.jpg
    mktwDSC06972.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 1,471
  • mktwDSC06973.jpg
    mktwDSC06973.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 1,506
  • mktwDSC06974.jpg
    mktwDSC06974.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 1,448
I haven't been down here for a few years now. The trees have sure become large. Looks great.

IMG_5781.JPG
IMG_5782.JPG

A trendsetter for its times. I think Market Wharf continues to have a graceful presence and anchors the southern end of the St. Lawrence area quite finely.
Yes, compared to more recent buildings (e.g. Time and Space!) it is very graceful but it DOES have (or create) problems. The driveway that links Market Street and Lower Jarvis is dangerous and often used by those leaving the Green P lot on Market. It should have been a pedestrian walkway only. The streetwall on Lower Jarvis is uninspired at street level and the sidewalks are too narrow.

Agree street level needs a lot of work. For the longest time I walked by here and had no idea it was part of Market Wharf because it looked so shabby and uninspired. Filling it with tenants would be nice, but it needs more than that.

Nope - it's cursed!
Could have sworn I’d heard a rumour that the health food store across the street was moving in there. Of course, that place is now long gone and don’t think the space has been filled. I’m not sure what the general methodology is- but that space never seemed to have been finished well enough to have anyone in- do they just let it sit as it is until a tenant signs on and customizes?

Could have sworn I’d heard a rumour that the health food store across the street was moving in there. Of course, that place is now long gone and don’t think the space has been filled. I’m not sure what the general methodology is- but that space never seemed to have been finished well enough to have anyone in- do they just let it sit as it is until a tenant signs on and customizes?
The health food store moved to Hamilton (or the owner did) and the space on west side of Lower Jarvis would see even less passing traffic than the stores on east side. It is a perfect (!) example of a totally useless commercial space that would have been far better used in another way.

I'm not sure how big the interior of that retail space is - it seems quite large! - but a mini-food court style might have worked. Better than one big retail that never ends up getting used anyway.

The health food store moved to Hamilton (or the owner did) and the space on west side of Lower Jarvis would see even less passing traffic than the stores on east side. It is a perfect (!) example of a totally useless commercial space that would have been far better used in another way.
Maybe a Service Ontario location? Though I think early plans have one going in at the Corktown Ontario Line location. Whatever decade that arrives.

Back