Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

mwo23.jpg

I do like that you can see the reflection of the market in the windows. (No more of that ugly green glass that's so prevalent in condo buildings!)

So is Shopper's taking the whole street level retail area?

I believe so!

Slash, this building makes the orange-brick co-ops across the street (see above photo) look far better, strangely enough.

I believe so!

Slash, this building makes the orange-brick co-ops across the street (see above photo) look far better, strangely enough.

No. According to the sales office there will be 1 or two additional retails units. The location where the new sales office is will be one of the units for lease.

i gotta say this one is turning out better than a render. Nice addition to the neighbourhood. I guess tower shoud be raising soon?

They really nailed it on making this building fit into the neighbourhood. It doesn't just add to it. It complements it!

They really nailed it on making this building fit into the neighbourhood. It doesn't just add to it. It complements it!

Yes, so far so good but I think the real test will be the tower they are now starting to the south end. The podium is about the 'standard' height for the St Lawrence neighbourhood but the tower is a new feature and until we see it ....

Yes, so far so good but I think the real test will be the tower they are now starting to the south end. The podium is about the 'standard' height for the St Lawrence neighbourhood but the tower is a new feature and until we see it ....

Good point. The tower is set back towards the south of the land that I think it will look real nice. It sure looks like a great building from the renderings and if surpassing expectations continue as has been the case with the podium then it should be quite the building. The fact that it's set back enough from The Esplanade will make it less imposing.

London on the Esplanade has two towers right on the Esplanade. Since Market Wharf will be set back, I think it's just going to be a beautiful sight. If the tower was right up against Wilton street or even in the middle of the podium then it would be too in your face.

But, you're right, we'll need to wait until we see it take form.

If the tower is any bit as good as the podium, we're set.
And, as UrbanVigor mentioned, the tower IS set back, so it will leave the podium fitting in the area perfectly, even if the tower isn't as great.

This is shaping up to be one of my favourites under construction. I can't wait to see what the wavy balconies look like in reality. It all seems quite promising since this building is actually looking better than the renders thus far.

Back