Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

From Sat...
20100918065.jpg

Walked by the podium construction site yesterday on the way overto visit Sugar Beach. One corner is already bricked.
It's going to be nice,..really nice.
By the way, for anyone who has not visited Sugar Beach (especially on a beautiful sunny day like yesterday), I highly recommend doing so. It is really remarkable.

Are you kidding me? She probably took a few snaps on her Instamatic 133!

:D

Actually its a Kodak Brownie, and a damn fine one at that.

Ok ok, I get the hint though. LOL!

The thing is I walk by twice a day virtually every day and I either forget the camera, the weather is bad or the sun has already set. I should have photos up someday.

Market Wharf as viewed currently from the southwest: the podium is now close to its finished height.

MarketWharfPodiumpano1500.jpg

South of the podium, work on the tower is underway as the foundation cap progresses.

MarketWharfSWpano1500.jpg

When complete, Market Wharf will look like this:

marketwharfnerender.jpg

No pics of the brick? :(

Just kidding-- great update. I hadn't realized how they kept the sales centre in place during construction-- very clever.

This is one of my favourite projects. :)

Boy, the varied-angled floors is really becoming a trope in upcoming Toronto architecture -- this project, 12 Degrees, Waterlink...

As noted a few days ago, they have applied for a demolition permit for it as, I guess , it's now in the way. (Or is the project fully sold??)

Not sure what the % sold or how many units are left, but the sales centre is moving into the NW corner of the podium as we speak and will re-open Oct 2nd.

Back