Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

I hate this building only because it will block (yet another) block of shoreline. I'm also not too fond of its off-kilter balcony balconies. J-peg-judgment to follow. Obviously if I were I an investor - bravo!

Isn't the shoreline a few blocks away? This project fills in a gap in the urban fabric. Why bad??

It's not like you can see the water even if a lowrise is built. One storey and it will block the view. Unless you're looking from a building in which case we will never block the view of the water since it's so expansive. I have the Financial District between my condo (which is 30 floors up) and the water, and I can still see the island and the water very clearly and expansively.

What I meant to say was that "it will block (yet another) block of MY shoreline view." Should have been more specific. What can I say, it was past 3AM...

Isn't the shoreline a few blocks away? This project fills in a gap in the urban fabric. Why bad??

It is. It does. Bad only for my view to the water (and for those similarly situated), so strictly a selfish observation.

It's not like you can see the water even if a lowrise is built. One storey and it will block the view. Unless you're looking from a building in which case we will never block the view of the water since it's so expansive. I have the Financial District between my condo (which is 30 floors up) and the water, and I can still see the island and the water very clearly and expansively.

(really bad) pics attached of how lowly Corus and VU have blocked out fairly large patches of shoreline from my place. MW (seen just barely beginning to rise behind St. Lawrence Market) will just be another lost "patch" of shoreline from this vantage point. Yes, there's still plenty of water to see, but in very little time these sizeable bits have been blocked. Of course it only impacts people in high-rises to the North of MW that are close (in relative terms) to the water, so very few tears will be shed... like I said, just a selfish observation (but we live here too).

Attachments

• Corus & MW Rising.jpg
    Corus & MW Rising.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 262
  • VU.jpg
    VU.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 238
What I meant to say was that "it will block (yet another) block of MY shoreline view." Should have been more specific. What can I say, it was past 3AM...

Oh cry me a river, you've got great views there! Market Wharf is a terrific addition to this area as the city continues to grow. How would you like this mess blocking your shoreline views?

DSC00238.jpg

(photo by linxr)

Actually, I have that cluster blocking Lake views (if not shoreline) from another window. Wasn't looking for sympathy - I know I have great views. The Lake is just disappearing bit by bit, as you'd expect as the city continues to grow. No prob, when it gets really blocked I'll just move to a higher floor in a different building... maybe even MW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I have that cluster blocking Lake views (if not shoreline) from another window. Wasn't looking for sympathy - I know I have great views. The Lake is just disappearing bit by bit, as you'd expect as the city continues to grow. No prob, when it gets really blocked I'll just move to a higher floor in a different building... maybe even MW!

I'm slowly losing lake/shoreline views too, so I get it. But that's progress and I'd rather have Market Wharf to look out to than much of the dreck going up.

Market Wharf in combination with the proposed new North Market building are going to be great additions to this neighbourhood and make it an even more popular destination as well as desirable place to live... looking forward to seeing both developments completed.

Last edited:

Back