Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

The perspective in the earlier rendering is from about three storeys above ground level, which inevitably shows more of the tower. The second rendering is from pedestrian level, so the tower is less prominent - somewhat blocked from view - and appears smaller compared to the podium.

6406374.jpg
2460602454_579461a3d1_o.jpg

I understand the laws of perspective, but this still seems tinkered with somehow.

Look closer at the top of the podium - the glass hangs over the edge on one render, but not on the other. Plus it seems to be on an angle in one, but parallel to the street on the other.

The rendertrees looks different, and on the roof theres some sort of cylinder.

adding to what US said, the 2nd render is from the intersection while the 1st one has st. lawrence market in it. it almost looks like it was taken from the perspective of the bridge that goes over lower jarvis.

adding to what US said, the 2nd render is from the intersection while the 1st one has st. lawrence market in it. it almost looks like it was taken from the perspective of the bridge that goes over lower jarvis.

The pictures are from the same vantage point. You can see the same building on the right hand side.

The pictures are from the same vantage point. You can see the same building on the right hand side.

First, north of The Esplanade ~ 20 metres and 15-20 feet above street level (where bridge is as Smuncky said)

Second, right at the intersection of The Esplanade at ground level. (you can see the pedestrian signals)

Same view, different vantage points

The design doesn't work for me at that height - I wish the tower was taller.

The tower is taller - it's been artificially minimized in the rendering I tells yah! The vertical scale of the thing has been reduced to make it less threatening to idiots!

Rendervoodoo or not, the substantial podium clearly calls the shots - filling the whole site - and the tower takes its cues from it.

the original rendering is taken from street level and the newer rendering in the ads is taken from the bridge that links the market to that ugly condo behemoth.....no vodoo going on in either render

I wonder why they even need a point tower - why not a tower that takes up the entire lot, from the base?

the original rendering is taken from street level and the newer rendering in the ads is taken from the bridge that links the market to that ugly condo behemoth.....no vodoo going on in either render

I am not questioning the perspective location of either render - I agree with the two view locations you have stated, they are obvious.

What I am saying is that the tower has been made to look smaller than it really is by a certain percentage - somewhere around 15 to 20% maybe - to minimize its visual impact the renders. The tower will take up about a quarter of the site at the southwest corner, but in the renders it looks more like it will take up about a sixth of the site.

I wonder why they even need a point tower - why not a tower that takes up the entire lot, from the base?

I agree with this... make it an empty rectangle with a common area with greenery in the center... you could have it at 12 floors and still end up with more units.

Wonder what prevented them from doing such a plan.

I agree with this... make it an empty rectangle with a common area with greenery in the center... you could have it at 12 floors and still end up with more units.

Didn't you hear, podiums with towers growing out of them are all the rage these days

How much can you sell a unit for on the 9th floor looking at another building?

How much can you sell a unit for on the 20th floor with a view that's unobstructed?

That's your answer.

Back