Hamilton Market Street Residences | ?m | 44s | Lev Living

Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Market Street Residents - A proposed 43 and 44-Storey condo residential building with 1,045 units develop by LEV Living. Located on 118 Market Street currently the site of a Retirement building in Hamilton’s Downtown area.

IMG_1593.jpeg
IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_1595.jpeg

This Proposal of 43/44-Storey Building hasn’t summit to City of Hamilton development applications or formal consultation

More details about this project
https://www.levliving.com/community/market-street-residence

I mean if there's anywhere that some height makes sense, this is it. Surprised to see no retention of seniors residences. I'd hope they could include that in a portion. I know it's a great spot for seniors because it has easy access to the mall and is very walkable.

I'm legitimately surprised by this though, it was pretty much the last site I'd expect to see development on. I'm curious how likely this is to even happen or if it's an exercise to sell the property.

I'd have expected the property to the north with the Starbucks to be replaced first. It's got a huge amount of space with the large parking lot, and it's in a prime location at the corner of a major intersection.

This is an odd one to me.

interesting this lot was chosen when there are many emptier lots in the surrounding area. Perhaps this was a simplier acquisition.
Lev living already owns the retirement home. With their aberdeen proposal it was geared towards seniors with more independance and potentially transitioning into the retirement home. I'd be surprised if this wasn't something similar.

Wow, okay, that is a bit surprising. Will have to look them up to see if they have any track record of building anything like this elsewhere.

Wow, okay, that is a bit surprising. Will have to look them up to see if they have any track record of building anything like this elsewhere.
They have a project in the works in Brampton at the moment, I believe upwards of 50 storeys. Most of their completed developments have been smaller scale

Looks like a pivot for them based on built portfolio. Looks like all their in progress and proposed are just rendereams at the moment

lets put the height limit to bed once and for all! Total surprise though

I think the more applications that get put in over the height limit, the harder of a time the city is going to have getting them all to 30 stories. With the housing situation nationwide, no chance the height limit holds on too much longer.

I think the more applications that get put in over the height limit, the harder of a time the city is going to have getting them all to 30 stories. With the housing situation nationwide, no chance the height limit holds on too much longer.
You underestimate the stubbornness of the city.

..or the ineptitude of how parts of it are run..

Back