Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Will either MLS tower be taller than Success? I know the official heights say so but with only 10 more floors to go, Success still appears much taller. Thanks for the pics.

From the 400' list:

Maple Leaf Square Tower I [Maple Leaf Square] - 610 ft. 54 floors
Maple Leaf Square Tower II [Maple Leaf Square] - 571 ft. 50 floors
Pinnacle - Success Tower 1 [Pinnacle Centre] - 516 ft. 53 floors

From PCL: Current Progress
(as of June 12, 2009)
Roughly 10 storeys of each tower remain having completed the 43rd floor on the north tower and the 41st floor of the south. Window wall is progressing well having reached the 34th floor in the north and the 33rd floor in the south.

So figure on roughly about another 100 feet for each building

Last edited:
June 16 2009 update

The 2 MLS towers begin to poke out behind Telus ~

IMG_3929.jpg

From the 400' list:

Maple Leaf Square Tower I [Maple Leaf Square] - 610 ft. 54 floors
Maple Leaf Square Tower II [Maple Leaf Square] - 571 ft. 50 floors
Pinnacle - Success Tower 1 [Pinnacle Centre] - 516 ft. 53 floors

So figure on roughly about another 100 feet for each building

Keep in mind that Success is most likely taller given it is advertised as 53 floors when it was originally 50, so it is most likely taller than 516 ft. There probably wont be much of a difference in height between Success and the shorter MLSE tower

Keep in mind that Success is most likely taller given it is advertised as 53 floors when it was originally 50, so it is most likely taller than 516 ft. There probably wont be much of a difference in height between Success and the shorter MLSE tower
That's what I'm thinking too.

Unless you get something over 65 stories down there you will not notice much visual height difference between all these new towers going up.

There should be a fairly big difference between Success and the south tower of MLS, given that the bottom ten storeys of MLS are part of a commercial podium (including a double height retail ground floor and a fairly high second floor as well). The tenth floor of MLS is probably 40-50 feet higher than the tenth floor of Success.

Solaris, what vantage point did you take the photo from. It looks to me like one of the higher elavator lobbies of 1 King West.

There should be a fairly big difference between Success and the south tower of MLS, given that the bottom ten storeys of MLS are part of a commercial podium (including a double height retail ground floor and a fairly high second floor as well). The tenth floor of MLS is probably 40-50 feet higher than the tenth floor of Success.

I think you guys may be starting your floor count from the wrong spot. If the towers are in fact supposed to be as tall as Toronto Geek says then I think that you start counting condo floors from the top of the podium and not the bottom. The top of the podium is likely where the condo towers begin.

Solaris, thanks for the clarification. I see now from the photo that the view from an upper elevator at 1 King West would be on more of an angle to achieve the same view. I just checked the lobby window on the 44th floor.

I reside on the north end of the 44th floor at 1 King, the rounded portion of the building. I keep meaning to take and post some photos of the skyine from my all window condo but I never seem to get around to it. I have a great view of everything north, west, and east. Looking south on the east side I can just see the Chorus building at Jarvis & Queens Quay and looking south on the west side the new Price Waterhouse construction at York and Bremmer. Fantasic view of most all the new construction sites.

I thought you would never ask. Seriously though I thought a UTF night could be held here at some point. My unit is only 600ft but I guess I could fit a a couple dozen or so members in the place.

I'll take that as an invitation offer !! s.w.e.e.t views you must have @ 44th floor of 1KW ;)

I think you guys may be starting your floor count from the wrong spot. If the towers are in fact supposed to be as tall as Toronto Geek says then I think that you start counting condo floors from the top of the podium and not the bottom. The top of the podium is likely where the condo towers begin.

No, it's a 40 and 44 storey condo on top of a 10 storey podium. Look at the planning report in the very first post of this thread if you don't believe me. And you'll also see the official height in the same document.

And the diagonal reveal in the balcony glass is really visible now on the west tower. Looks pretty cool driving in on the Gardiner

Back