Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is MLS still planning the 2000 seat concert hall?

I fail to see where they'd fit this monster in an already built-out podium.

great angle KWL ... I guess you are front row centre on MLS, Telus and even ICE in the future (this is viewed from Infinity1 I suspect?)

It just seems like yesterday.......

acc2sm-1.jpg

(view of former Postal Building from York Street)

Initial plans for MLS included a small/medium sized venue with about 3000 seats for concerts. This is no longer included in the project.

Initial plans for MLS included a small/medium sized venue with about 3000 seats for concerts. This is no longer included in the project.

Is this confirmed? Thats too bad if true. I was really looking forward to this.

According to the Lanterra website. The music club will be a 2,000 seat concert hall and host live broadcasts of Leafs and Raptors game for fans who cant get tickets. MLSE also plans to book music acts in the music club that will have a dancefloor and flexible seating on three levels.

Is this confirmed? Thats too bad if true. I was really looking forward to this.

According to the Lanterra website. The music club will be a 2,000 seat concert hall and host live broadcasts of Leafs and Raptors game for fans who cant get tickets. MLSE also plans to book music acts in the music club that will have a dancefloor and flexible seating on three levels.

Actually it's a bit blurry between various evolutions of the proposal.

There was an initial plan for a purpose built concert venue for acts that can't fill the ACC's various stage formats - MLSE can utilize a fairly functional set-up for 5,000 or so fans for concerts at the ACC, but they were interested in a more intimate venue for smaller acts.

The current plan to the best of my knowledge fits your description fairly well. There is going to be a multi level high-tech sports bar that will apparently be the largest sports bar in the city - which will of course host live broadcasts of the games (A broadcasting studio is also part of the plans for MLS). It's also my understanding that there will be some type of 'music club' - although that may just be an extension or part of what should be a very large sports bar/entertainment venue. So it's more like a bar/club then a purpose built tiered seating concert venue.

I've never been in the Hard Rock cafe, but I know they have concerts there. And it's a bar at the same time. So it sounds similiar.

Back