Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal 
55 Bloor St W, Toronto
Developer: Manulife Real Estate

Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal | 10m | 2s | Manulife Real Estate | MdeAS Architects

Hamiltonian

Wow they're teasing my dream of having the building envelope (front end at Bloor St W.) end where it is now. All that space!

Benito

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Looks like the construction workers had a bit of fun in one of those @Benito shots:
24FE8771-87B5-4358-840B-93AD53794C31.jpg

Attachments

Really too bad there's no indication of rebuilding Varsity cinemas 7&8. The tiny one and the large one, both with old-school raked seating (as opposed to stadium style).

I happen to be there last weekend seeing Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. I was lucky enough to have someone short sit in front of me. In a sell-out or near-sell out scenario
the old-style rake can make watching a movie a real pain if someone tall sits in front of you.

ProjectEnd

Indeed. I caught 'V for Vendetta' in the tiny one there years ago (near the end of its theatrical run).

Seeing those photos also reminds me of the only time I made it up to the top of the podium, back when Cruptal Blown was being excavated. Truly an oasis in the city.