Toronto The Madison | 121m | 36s | Madison Group | Kirkor

I see no need to demolish the buildings at the east end of the site. Definitely go ahead with the west tower, but put the east tower on another one of the many available parking lots nearby.

rejected elevations
kirkor.jpg

Those look like a rehash of NY Towers at Bayview/Sheppard/401, which was done by Kirkor.

Isn't the lands that's east of the original proposal the old theatre (forgot the name) that was bought and renovated by Michael Landsburg?

There are three or four firms as impressively bad. Unfortunately, pretty much all act as "in house" architects for the city's most prolific tower builders.

Isn't the lands that's east of the original proposal the old theatre (forgot the name) that was bought and renovated by Michael Landsburg?

Yeah, it's the former York Event Theatre at 101 Eglinton East, now occupied by the Yorkville Club Uptown.

Just received the Community Consultation Meeting notice in the mail today.

Tuesday March 3, 2009
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
The Salvation Army North Toronto Community Office
Lower Level Meeting Room
7 Eglinton Avenue East

Project: 85-117 Eglinton Avenue East & 79 Dunfield Avenue

The proposed development is a mixed commercial-residential building that extends the length of the block on the south side of Eglinton Avenue East between Dunfield Avenue and Lillian Street. The proposal consists of an 8-storey podium with two 21-storey towers rising above it at the east and west ends The total proposed height is 29 storeys to the roof of the top residential floor of both towers. Two-storey commercial space is proposed for the Eglinton Avenue frontage.

City Planning Final Report

Report recommending approval of the proposal to be considered by Toronto & East York Community Council on April 27, 2010:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-29176.pdf

This application proposes the construction of a 29-storey condominium tower at the west end of the site and a 26-storey tower at the east end of the site. Tower heights include the podium levels beneath each. The podium levels step from 5 to 6-storeys from west to east following the Eglinton Avenue frontage. The applicant is proposing 2-storey retail bays which are accessed from grade within the podium levels along the Eglinton Avenue frontage.​

I wonder if Madison Homes still has a stake in this property :confused:

Site Plan - some nifty funky shaped building footprints
Madison_sp.jpg

North Elevation - will be a nice solid streetwall replacing a parking lot on Eglinton
Madison_elevN.jpg

South Elevation
Madison_elevS.jpg

East + West Elevations
Madison_elevEW.jpg

I can't confirm it; but I believe those retail bays may be what Whole Foods was going for as the lead tenant.

Whole Foods builds 2 floor markets; and its about the right sq ft.

And I know they were looking at this area.

Just an educated guess though. Not sure

Madison Homes has confirmed that this is still their project... no matter what the item on the City's agenda said!

The Yorkville Club located on this lot has terminated their lease early and closed. The sign says that the building is due for demolition.

That's odd ... I thought this was only on the parking lot.

^ nope, the site now includes everything between Dunfield and Lillian. See post #38 for the site plan.

^ nope, the site now includes everything between Dunfield and Lillian. See post #38 for the site plan.

I walked by last night and saw the sign you must have : )

The only odd part to me is the development application board that used to be on the parking log is gone now i.e. do we know when this is going into sales?

Also, why would they demolish the building before sales even started ?

Darn ... just realized that means they'll be demolishing the two office buildings as well ..... and they're not making up the space for it.
They're not big, maybe only 50,000 square feet overall but still! Again I don't understand why / how the city permits this ... if they're going to get rid of that much space they should be forced to make up for it in their development - it wouldn't take much, probably just 2 floors above the retail seeing how large this project is!

Back