Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

Imagine a whole building clad in one of those funkier colours of glass - now that would be hot...

This looked way better in the renders. Now that it's built I think it's super boring.

IMG_2101.jpg

move in date

A few people here were asking when it was meant to be complete.
I have a move in date of July 2011 on the 7th floor. I hope there are no delays so the date will remain true.

This one is turning into a major disappointment. I know it is still early and they've got some touchup to do. But for some reason, it reminds me of a rental tower you see in the suburbs.

This one is turning into a major disappointment. I know it is still early and they've got some touchup to do. But for some reason, it reminds me of a rental tower you see in the suburbs.

I can understandf not liking the building. But a rental tower in the suburbs? Please provide an example.

Funny how comments has changed recently.

I still think the elevation facing King Street is stunning and cool, however the other sides of the building is rather mediocre (it's not bad, just boring).
The light colored spandral panels are rather distracting -- I wished M5V (along with other buildings) used spandral panels that match or blend in with the glass panels. It currently looks like an afterthought.

gotta like the King St presense and frontage for sure. the slim lines of the south view are ok. The east and west faces are absolutely devoid of interest, made worse by the random placement of those light tone spandrels as others have pointed out - it changes from floor to floor and ends up looking like some kind of patch job.

Does anyone really know the names of rental buildings in the suburbs?

Forest Hills Towers, on Antibes Drive. Bathurst and Steeles area, i.e. the suburbs.

There are definite similarites in design principles between Forest Hills and M5V, both of which I really like. Though, to be fair, the Forest Hills Towers are now condos. I suspect it was a later conversion, as I'm (nearly) positive they were (gasp) rentals when built.

I kind of agree. The tower isn't anything special and while not ugly it's just another generic looking glass box. At least to my eyes.

Forest Hills Towers, on Antibes Drive. Bathurst and Steeles area, i.e. the suburbs.

There are definite similarites in design principles between Forest Hills and M5V, both of which I really like. Though, to be fair, the Forest Hills Towers are now condos. I suspect it was a later conversion, as I'm (nearly) positive they were (gasp) rentals when built.

The taller of Forest hill Towers really would be more comparable / similar to CASA in terms of desgin & geometry if you ask me ~

in my mind ... the east and west faces of M5V is just a typical modern glass tower, while the north and south faces are quite interesting

Back