Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

So is the roof and mechanical finished or will some kind of cladding or something still go up? Looks horrible right now. The top is a mess.

I just went along for a key pickup and the building looks amazing. the suites are fantastic and i can only imagine howamazing the views are from the top since the views from the 12th were spectacular. im really impressed with the lobby, espcially with the newly installed iron gates at the entrance. I cant wait to see them painted. All in all, i think this project was really worth the wait for all us interested in the condo's in the king neighbourhood. I wish i ddnt miss out on this one. Anyone know if Lifetime is launching anything new in the near future?

I just went along for a key pickup and the building looks amazing. the suites are fantastic and i can only imagine howamazing the views are from the top since the views from the 12th were spectacular. im really impressed with the lobby, espcially with the newly installed iron gates at the entrance. I cant wait to see them painted. All in all, i think this project was really worth the wait for all us interested in the condo's in the king neighbourhood. I wish i ddnt miss out on this one. Anyone know if Lifetime is launching anything new in the near future?

Lifetime is launching The Bond just right around the corner at 290 Adelaide.

I'm confused about these iron gates... What I picture would be so out of place in an urban setting. Can someone post a pic. or a rendering of said gates?

August 21/11

6065592862_3cae491671_b.jpg

6065592866_5b3e792473_b.jpg

Nice looking gates, but the entrance just looks confusing to me. Like there are too many different materials and styles. I'm hoping those pillars aren't a finished product. I really like this building overall, but there are some things that make me scratch my head (ie: the mechanical, unpainted balcony undersides and the entrance)

the gates are bizzare, they look totally foreign in the context of the building.
Painting it black will make them less noticable, but it will make it look too traditional like any typical wrought iron railings and fences.
The gates should be contemporary in design and maybe play off the strips of coloured glass of the facade.

The gates are an unexpected design flourish, and refer to gates/ wrought iron work that often were part of traditional Toronto buildings built before modernism took root. (Take a walk just around the corner, you will see examples) They are at once traditionally detailed, yet also finished with graphic tracery cut by a cnc router, so bring them back to today so to speak, without being unduly historicist. The unusual juxtaposition draws attention to the residential entry. I like them.

Back