Mississauga M3 at M City | 260.29m | 77s | Rogers Real Estate | Arcadis

I hope the same. The parcels of land that border the SQ1 lands with the tiny office towers on them are just begging for some tall office towers. It would be nice to have some similar in design to the Bay-Adelaide Towers, EY Tower, or Eighth Avenue Place.

In the meantime, M3 is going to change how tall things get built here, forever. I think we will start to see Amacon redesign some of the upcoming PSV development to have some 200m+ towers so they can compete with M-City. We're already seeing the effects of builds getting taller in MCC, with the recent taller tower proposals on the other side of the 403 at the Pinnacle site. I also feel that at this rate, we'll probably get a supertall condo proposal of some sort within the next 5 years.

We've got some exciting times ahead.
That has already happen for Amacon Block 1E next phase, since Block 1E & 1W were to be mid rise only. Block 8 & 11 were to be the 50's sites and could be taller if the agreement can be change that was made 10 years ago for height and number of units for the site.

The Pinnacle site was supposed to be tall towers, but were taken behind close doors and told to cut it down and in haft. There is only 2 site left for 3/4 tall towers now.

Yup hopefully 25s is a start and good, but for Mississauga to be a real city like Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, etc. they got to do better than build 8-12s office components, just saying
No kidding. It's a joke in having 8-12's office towers in the core, but that was the thinking of council in the past and still today. It's ok around the airport area, but that's it.

Let's just start getting some new office construction first, shall we?

The financing of 25st office buildings is difficult and risky in smaller markets like MCC. They are difficult to keep full for the life of the asset - as you require multiple lead tenants.

The City Centre historically has been one of the worst performing sub markets in the GTA. Everything that has made Mississauga a palatable location to set up an office works against the city centre. There is a shift among young generations to want to work close to home. However, the proposed LRT will also benefit Heartland, etc. allowing people to commute with ease from the City Centre without driving. There is no demand for a 25 to 60 storey office tower. No developer will initiate the process. It will only come from a tenant seeking a developer.

M3 is pretty awful for a new tallest that blows the current tallests out of the water
We get black and white instead of gray. (Yay!) It's smartly sculpted (without screaming), while still being buildable without charging the moon. That's important when you'e selling a 77-storey, 879-unit condo tower in Mississauga. I don't see the point in complaining.

Very interesting design. The small details like balcony shape at the top is cool. Really starting to grow on me.

I have found a 15 minutes video about this majestic tower.
The video includes an interview of the team and shows
the official unveiling of M3.
For me, this tower is a game changer in term of architecture.
It's so magnificent and futuristic !
I wish such an architecture could exist in downtown Toronto or in Ottawa.
Congratulations Mississauga !
From Ottawa.

We get black and white instead of gray. (Yay!) It's smartly sculpted (without screaming), while still being buildable without charging the moon. That's important when you'e selling a 77-storey, 879-unit condo tower in Mississauga. I don't see the point in complaining.

I'm not complaining. I simply don't like the sculpting used here. I've also been pretty consistent that sculpting alone doesn't elevate a design over simple geometry regardless if it flies against popular opinion on UT. It's better to work with the budget you have then to try to pull off something "iconic" on the cheap. Unfortunately, that is what the GTA market has become and you can't fault it. Our own community is so easily enamoured by it.

There was nothing specific said about the rezoning application at the event, but Mayor Bonnie Crombie was totally gungho for the development in her speech, as was (retiring) local ward councillor Nando Iannicca in his emceeing, while both the current and former planning commissioners of Mississauga were there, and they were all smiles. This'll go through no problem.

c83af90c-69cc-4f86-88f4-02b4fd9a9b32_zpszpfccevg.jpg

Back