Mississauga M3 at M City | 260.29m | 77s | Rogers Real Estate | Arcadis

Monde is much better stylistically and urbanistically than anything Mississauga or M City has to offer. These have more it factor than being great architecture and, of course, are just renderings that show them in the best possible light. The last thing Toronto's central waterfront needs is the fine grained urbanism of another skyscraper on a bulbous podium. Just my opinion of course.

Both the twisting and deconstructed stacked boxes demonstrated here are generic offering little in artistic value among all the twisting designs and deconstructed stacked boxes built the world over. There are towers in Toronto without the novelty and flair that stand out as fine examples of their style. I give them more credence regardless of their more reserved, restraint designs.

Last edited:
For anyone who needs a bit of a mental refresh on how this development will look when fully fleshed out, I found this older overall render from before phase 2 became a twin of phase 1.

The renders of the individual towers can sometimes make it look so spread out, but in reality this development will be quite dense:

aa54c151b801ea724e71e14493a10dda.jpg

For anyone who needs a bit of a mental refresh on how this development will look when fully fleshed out, I found this older overall render from before phase 2 became a twin of phase 1.

The renders of the individual towers can sometimes make it look so spread out, but in reality this development will be quite dense:

aa54c151b801ea724e71e14493a10dda.jpg
This is sort of Humber Bay Shores like, except in the middle of Mississauga.

The building design actually looks quite nice!

M3-Condos-Mississauga-M-CITY-squareonelife.jpg

IBI. Bold scale. Architects.. less so.
Right, because this was designed by IBI without using their architects?

Sure IBI has designed all sorts of duds, but it is the developer who holds the purse strings. When we see more ambitious designs, it's typically a more enlightened client giving an architectural firm a mandate to gold bold and then giving them the budget to support it. IBI has done quite well at the Delta Toronto, and generally for CentreCourt lately. It would be good to see another winner here.

I'm counting 82 storeys on the building. It just blows my mind that something this big is coming to Mississauga. It's going to stick out really well. I'm hoping that stuff like this inspires more developers to build taller in the city centre.

Back