Mississauga M3 at M City | 260.29m | 77s | Rogers Real Estate | Arcadis

So it looks like they need to use piles after all, maybe only in parts of the dig.

584A66EA-1CD3-452E-AA94-D9FE3FDE1371.jpeg

What's up with that pool on the, I assume, rented out land to the bottom of that photo?

That portion of the site is being used by the company constructing the Burnhamthorpe water main project. The “pool” is water waste from hydraulic drilling machines used along many points of the project.

More info about the project Here

So it looks like they need to use piles after all, maybe only in parts of the dig.

View attachment 256493
The hole is getting bigger and can easy have the side slopping to the bottom without shoring. Look at the other 2 sites to see how big they are and the hole is not close to those size yet. The hole is moving to the south more than what I saw early this week..

If you look at the Edge tower's, there is no shoring on the south side with slopping edge.

You maybe right on steel shoring and time will tell. They may use shoring here for the depth of the hole, as well speeding up the excavation of the hole. Steel not the 60' length ones found on most sites and short than that. Could be the way the photo was shot.

The hole is getting bigger and can easy have the side slopping to the bottom without shoring. Look at the other 2 sites to see how big they are and the hole is not close to those size yet. The hole is moving to the south more than what I saw early this week..

If you look at the Edge tower's, there is no shoring on the south side with slopping edge.

You maybe right on steel shoring and time will tell. They may use shoring here for the depth of the hole, as well speeding up the excavation of the hole. Steel not the 60' length ones found on most sites and short than that. Could be the way the photo was shot.

There is shoring on 3 sides of the site. They don't have a permit which appears why they are only concentrating in the middle area.

There is shoring on 3 sides of the site. They don't have a permit which appears why they are only concentrating in the middle area.
I shot the site a few days ago and have yet get time to work on them as well others.

What do you mean they have no permit??? Unless they have a permit, no work can take place. The centre area is for tower 2, with the sales office on tower 3 site currently in sells.

Shoring on Elm Dr from the west end up to the ramp to the bottom for tower one, as well across the north end. Shoring could only be done for Tower 1 as the daycare was next to it. After the daycare moved, excavation has taken place for tower 2, but no shoring on Elm. The south end is being slop so no shoring required.

M1 & M2 had no shoring.

I shot the site a few days ago and have yet get time to work on them as well others.

What do you mean they have no permit??? Unless they have a permit, no work can take place. The centre area is for tower 2, with the sales office on tower 3 site currently in sells.

Shoring on Elm Dr from the west end up to the ramp to the bottom for tower one, as well across the north end. Shoring could only be done for Tower 1 as the daycare was next to it. After the daycare moved, excavation has taken place for tower 2, but no shoring on Elm. The south end is being slop so no shoring required.

M1 & M2 had no shoring.
From the city planner responsible for M-City.
" M3 is permitted to excavate, but they do not have the “H” Holding Symbol application removed, or site plan approval. We anticipate the “H” to be lifted and a conditional building permit for actual construction late this year or early next. "

The whole subdivision bordering the 403, Confederation, Mavis, and Burnhamthorpe streets ! As seen in the second photo up above . Doesn't make sense by having single family homes next to these skyscraper's across the street in my opinion . The whole subdivision should be torn down in time to make way for lowrise townhomes and mid to highrise condos with commercial space below etc on the main through fair roads. Would look more appropriate in squaring off the downtown area to Mavis rd as you could see on Google Earth .
That would be ideal to densify that...but it's going to be years before that ever happens...if it does. Those homes are quite new and won't be torn down for years. I'd be surprised if the city was okay with that...even twenty years from now. The downtown is shoehorned in places as is...with the Rogers land redevelopment it'll make things definitely look much more surreal.

From the city planner responsible for M-City.
" M3 is permitted to excavate, but they do not have the “H” Holding Symbol application removed, or site plan approval. We anticipate the “H” to be lifted and a conditional building permit for actual construction late this year or early next. "
The permits was referring to Edge Towers.

Until the H holding is remove from a site, you can't do construction. You can request various permits before the H is remove, but doesn't mean you will get them if there are conditions not fulfill. Land clearing, excavation and demolition can be obtain before H is remove.

That would be ideal to densify that...but it's going to be years before that ever happens...if it does. Those homes are quite new and won't be torn down for years. I'd be surprised if the city was okay with that...even twenty years from now. The downtown is shoehorned in places as is...with the Rogers land redevelopment it'll make things definitely look much more surreal.
The last house I own was on Eloria Dr, next to the 403 and not an old area.

It taken 25 years so far to get the condos built at Confederation & Rathburn when first proposed, with Townhouse backing onto the rear the existing houses. The Townhouses are years down the road to be built. This is an example of small mind thinking on Council part not to do a better land use for those 3 condos and plan Townhouses.

The houses from Confederation to the west Eloria Dr will still be there in 25 year plus as well the houses from Parkside Village to Mavis between Rathburn and Burnhamthrope.

With the changing of the leadership of council and a few new councilors, blinders were removed to match the sky is the limit of tall towers, especially with M City.

The city talks the talk, but doesn't follow through on it.

The city has never had a real plan for the Downtown even with Downtown 21 vision because of the white elephant in the city core. Until Sq One Mall becomes something like the Eaton Centre with development on top of it, the so call downtown will not exist.

I was blown away when M City surface as it was opposite to what Council wanted to see along Burnhamthrope. I support M City plan and too bad Parkside Village miss the train for that area. Never really support Parkside Village during the early stage of getting approval from council.

Last edited:
Yea, I agree with what you said. The city's inability to relax parking requirements has been very disappointing, alongside the 'downtown' plan,which in itself hasn't worked due to what you mentioned, along with the lack of cohesive planning with regards to wide roads and narrow sidewalks, makes it very difficult to create an inviting urban evironment...or at leadt some kibd of urban environment. Of course, this will come in time...to a degree.

Yea, I agree with what you said. The city's inability to relax parking requirements has been very disappointing, alongside the 'downtown' plan,which in itself hasn't worked due to what you mentioned, along with the lack of cohesive planning with regards to wide roads and narrow sidewalks, makes it very difficult to create an inviting urban evironment...or at leadt some kibd of urban environment. Of course, this will come in time...to a degree.
The city try to do the 1:1 ratio for the city core, but didn't have a plan how to enforce it when 3-4 cars would show up on move in day and look for cheap parking. Having cheap overnight rate for street parking only adds to lack of enforcing the 1:1 ratio. When developers do come forth with a plan for less parking requirements, they are taken to task.

Pinnacle Uptown is a good example where they wanted to go with more density and move to about .8:1 ratio and was shot down by council even though staff support the plan.

Edge towers is another .6:1 ratio which was a selling point to the city, council wanted a higher ratio and willing to go less than the 1:1 ratio. Again, staff supported the lower ratio with the ward councilor say it was time to move to lower number especially with the LRT about to be built, as well other areas on transit line.

It been stated by 2040, another 3 million people will be living in the GTA and I have stated where do you plan on putting the 1.5 to 2 million cars on an over capacity road system that isn't going to be expanded??? All transits needs to be beef up with more high order service and that is more BRT, LRT and Commuter rail.

Not fun trying to walk the streets of Mississauga, especially crossing them. M City is in one of those poor walking areas. Mississauga was built for cars and cars rule how the city is built and people move around it.

M1 & M2 had no shoring.
M1 and M2 had shoring. Check your facts. They drill the piles to the top of the rock. Notice how short they are for such a deep excavation.

M1 and M2 had shoring. Check your facts. They drill the piles to the top of the rock. Notice how short they are for such a deep excavation.
The Fact. At no time did I see a core driller on site which struck me being odd
Photos started in 2018 and can be found in albums M City.......... M City: M1 Condo.......... M City: M2 Condo.......................M City: M3 Condo
30282417197_80d2c6d02d_b.jpg

45359569064_460000e404_b.jpg

The Fact. At no time did I see a core driller on site which struck me being odd
Photos started in 2018 and can be found in albums M City.......... M City: M1 Condo.......... M City: M2 Condo.......................M City: M3 Condo
30282417197_80d2c6d02d_b.jpg

45359569064_460000e404_b.jpg
Where they have tarped is where the shoring and shot crete is.

Drum is talking about typical shoring where drill boreholes are filled with steel beams and concrete. This technique was not used with M1 and M2 since bedrock in those locations is only few feet under the top soil.

Back