Mississauga M3 at M City | 260.29m | 77s | Rogers Real Estate | Arcadis

They don't have a permit so they are working in the middle in the hopes that they can drill the perimeter in due time...

They don't have a permit so they are working in the middle in the hopes that they can drill the perimeter in due time...
Drill???????????????................................You mean jackhammer, as no drilling used on the first 2 towers from what I have seen. Unless the ground is different which I don't think so, no shoring require. Took longer to dig M1 than 2 for some reason and was behind M2 until M2 hit grade. Since then, M1 has caught up to M2 and ahead of it now.

Drill???????????????................................You mean jackhammer, as no drilling used on the first 2 towers from what I have seen. Unless the ground is different which I don't think so, no shoring require. Took longer to dig M1 than 2 for some reason and was behind M2 until M2 hit grade. Since then, M1 has caught up to M2 and ahead of it now.

The two Pinnacle towers further west required shoring, so it seems the bedrock gets further down as you move west along this stretch. So they might require shoring for the western boundary of the site. It will be interesting to see the process unfold.

Incredibly exciting to see this tower finally getting underway. Mississauga's new 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th tallest buildings are now under construction, all due for completion within the timeframe of 2022-2023. This does not include the Exchange District towers, but I am sure that we will see them break ground later this year as well after demolition is complete.

No drill. You drill to the top of the rock.

1590440979200.png

No drill. You drill to the top of the rock.
Drill what when dig the top coat off to get to the rock like the first 2??? The photos above show that already show that and will keep pulling back the top coat until you have the area you want dug. They didn't do any drilling on Elm Dr for the 2 towers under construction there that are 35 & 40 tall.

Point of clarification from the city planner: "M3 is permitted to excavate, but they do not have the “H” Holding Symbol application removed, or site plan approval. We anticipate the “H” to be lifted and a conditional building permit for actual construction late this year or early next."

If you look at the diagram above they are not starting in the middle but on the southeast side of the M3 site.

M1&2 as of Feb 19th, 2019. No shoring was done. As they are now doing with M3, they removed 5-6ft of the topsoil and then started the sledgehammering. The orange tarp represents the removed topsoil.
1590497871105.png

Drill what when dig the top coat off to get to the rock like the first 2??? The photos above show that already show that and will keep pulling back the top coat until you have the area you want dug. They didn't do any drilling on Elm Dr for the 2 towers under construction there that are 35 & 40 tall.

I think he may be referring to one of these puppies - Hydraulic excavator breaker (drill) ?

1590499169613.png

I think he may be referring to one of these puppies - Hydraulic excavator breaker (drill) ?

View attachment 247795
To me, that a jackhammer and common use on various sites, even today on Elm Dr. A drill is something that rotates in a circle and commonly use for shoring.

That jackhammer will break up the bed rock that will be remove by the excavator into the dump trucks and be use until it hits the bottom of the hole.that is require for the building. Based on the first 2 towers, it will make sure the walls are flush for forming as the hole is goes down..

Like anything theses days, marketing names change over time or to stand out and be different.

Excavators were at one time just excavators that was arrived from something else. As the needs for other needs of equipment's for site rose, the excavator change from one type of work it could do, to a number of different roles it does today. Adding a jackhammer along with other attachments was chosen to cut down on the cost of having X equipment sitting around and doing nothing. As other companies enter the equipment manufacturing field, some chose different names from what I see today, yet do the same job.

Since this not my field of work, don't follow the equipment name changes and X company dose use drill in place of jackhammer that I read about after my last posting.

The Edge Towers has an excavators that does 3 different operations that I have seen so far, that it was jackhammer on May 21 and a true excavator. on the 22nd when I shot the site.

Some equipment that can do different role still remain a single operation only, since they are in demand more than other type of equipment.

Small contractors will us equipment that can handle different operation since they lack yard space and capital to maintain a large fleet.

Looking at a drill that is really a jackhammer from on line info is miss leading in sense, but that marketing for you.

Elm
May 22
49939946748_0d109ae719_b.jpg

May 21
49940414496_ef50a43381_b.jpg

Back