Mississauga M3 at M City | 260.29m | 77s | Rogers Real Estate | Arcadis

Civdis

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been reported here (apologize if it has, but don't have time to review all of the posts) but i have it from an insider at the city that the third tower will be 77 floors. He advised that there is no height limit in Missy and that they have reduced the number of towers and tacked the height onto the 3rd tower. It is subject to shadow and wind studies.

Not sure if this has been reported here (apologize if it has, but don't have time to review all of the posts) but i have it from an insider at the city that the third tower will be 77 floors. He advised that there is no height limit in Missy and that they have reduced the number of towers and tacked the height onto the 3rd tower. It is subject to shadow and wind studies.

That would make it the tallest residential tower outside of downtown Toronto. Wow. Bring it on.

That would also make it by far the tallest suburban building in North America.. (there is one taller in suburban Houston, but is technically in the central municipalities boundaries).

Wow, a 77 floor tower in Mississauga. I just hope it looks unique and not like a bigger brother of M-City phase 1 and 2.

It is also kind of a weird spot to build a much taller tower given that it's on the outskirts of "downtown", but the skyline will be getting heavy on that side anyway. Hopefully it looks good.

Not the case near Pearson.

Wow, a 77 floor tower in Mississauga. I just hope it looks unique and not like a bigger brother of M-City phase 1 and 2.

It is also kind of a weird spot to build a much taller tower given that it's on the outskirts of "downtown", but the skyline will be getting heavy on that side anyway. Hopefully it looks good.

Per Jonathan Flame, the planner responsible for this case file, the 3rd tower will be different from the first two buildings. The render won't be available until later this year when Rogers submits their application.

I can't say I like the idea of fewer towers. It just puts more emphasis on the block scaled podiums. 77 floors is impressive. Jersey City aspirations in Vancouverism built form.

Not the case near Pearson.

There is also a height limit outside of the Mississauga city centre, limited to 25s, if I recall correctly. Although this is currently being challenged by a development in Erin Mills that wants to go up to 36s.

And no it does not affect Pearson airport at all, both eastbound approaches are quite a bit north of the city Centre!

Back