Mississauga M3 at M City | 260.29m | 77s | Rogers Real Estate | Arcadis

From today. It looks like they have started some preliminary excavation for the M4 site. There is no shoring yet so, just like they did for M3, they might be doing some digging in the middle of the site till they get their excavation permits.

ADFCCE20-CB53-4ABE-B969-EBE1385285A6.jpeg

As mentioned in a UT article, M3 is listed @ 77 storeys although its (architectural ) mechanical penthouse peak rises to 81 storeys. Most agree (CTBUH rules) that official height is to the tip of the architectural top.

Anyone know what those (equivalent) extra 4 floors add to the 260.29m height?

As mentioned in a UT article, M3 is listed @ 77 storeys although its (architectural ) mechanical penthouse peak rises to 81 storeys. Most agree (CTBUH rules) that official height is to the tip of the architectural top.

Anyone know what those (equivalent) extra 4 floors add to the 260.29m height?
We are counting to the architectural top. We just aren't falling for the 81 storeys crap.

The 81 storeys "crap" (language) is from an UrbanToronto story written by Jack Landau. Here's a link if you'd like to read it.

https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2020/09/m3-m-city-construction-begins-mississaugas-next-tallest
The story clearly states that the building will have 77 storeys, but that the mechanical penthouse rises to the equivalent of (but not actual) 81 storeys. We only count the number of storeys up to the uppermost one that regular non-maintenance staff people can get to. We do that with every building. Always have, always will. The 81-storey claim is crapitty-crap crap.

On the topic, I’m having a hard time understanding the shape of this buildings sloped crown. I can’t find any renderings of the other side but I imagine it will have something mechanical like on the top of L Tower?

On the topic, I’m having a hard time understanding the shape of this buildings sloped crown. I can’t find any renderings of the other side but I imagine it will have something mechanical like on the top of L Tower?
I don't have the plans for M3 unfortunately either, but I assume that there will be some sort of slot in the roof, yes, from where the BMU can rise and then be suspended over any of the sides of the building.

From today. M3 is at grade from all sides. They have been working on the climbing forms for the elevator core for weeks now while on the east side they are pouring the second floor for what appears to be townhouses.

In the foreground, the excavation of the M4 site continues but still no shoring have started yet.

A1E13DB5-8636-48B2-AF89-B376C30A869B.jpeg

D923068A-6307-433C-B9ED-239964ACF203.jpeg

Back