Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

Both towers are making themselves known as the start to fill the skyline from many locations now. Can be seen from the 403 heading east at Erin Mills as well south on Hurontario and Mavis

1MCity.jpg
2MCity.jpg

the built form of mississauga is so depressing
OT: I suspect it was designed for people who need to drive everywhere. Plus to my understanding, those big lots where farmers' fields at one point. Hence, Mississauga today.

Also take into consideration that Mississauga was once a bunch of smaller towns and villages that grew together in the 60's 70's and 80's and beyond.

But so was Toronto, or any typical city, outside downtown.
Development occurred at different in each place though, so the style of building and planning reflects the thinking of the time in each case, and therefore the cities evolved differently… and certainly, Toronto did not build its downtown on greenfields to the north of urbanized land. There simply is next to no equivalency here,

The wide suburban-style streets are bad now, but are a blessing in disguise. In the future, you could have massive sidewalks, great bike infrastructure and transit lanes. The bones are there, you just need political will.
Yep. You could reduce many streets to four lanes, and nice wide sidewalks, proper bike paths with protected intersections, and serious street trees.

As someone who doesn't follow Mississauga developments, these buildings were real head turners on the 403 (I was on the passenger side). They definitely leave their impression on the skyline.

Back