Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

in other news, Google maps STILL has not realized this has opened, and continues to route people to spadina and jarvis. I wonder how many cars are being rerouted to the improper exits because of this still.

in other news, Google maps STILL has not realized this has opened, and continues to route people to spadina and jarvis. I wonder how many cars are being rerouted to the improper exits because of this still.
Same goes with the TYSSE. It recognizes that there are stations and has the correct transit directions, but it still doesn't show the line on the Transit Overlay Map.

Google Maps now has the ramp back, but in it's old configuration minus the loop ramp to York. So it directs you to Yonge St. as the first possible turn off the ramp, missing Bay and York Sts. Anyone want to bet how long until they get it right?

see my post above. It is now updated, but is still incorrect.

Not to me.
This is directions from west of downtown to Union Station. It directs to Lower Simcoe.
And directions to Bay and Harbour Street. It directs down the new ramp and a left on Bay.

Attachments

• B3895F12-7C83-4858-B226-936426BA8A88.png
    B3895F12-7C83-4858-B226-936426BA8A88.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 386
  • 706FD202-442E-4197-B117-80EBFA7F2512.png
    706FD202-442E-4197-B117-80EBFA7F2512.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Walking by the park on the weekend I noticed there were skids of pavers inside the fenced off area. Anyone know if those are for the sidewalks, or if that's for a walking path in the park?

It's been 2 months so far.

Well what the hell's going on with Google. They should be immediate, ditto for showing TYSSE. They're effectively *the* go-to map, and ultimately it's in their own best interest to be as up-to-date as possible. Have no idea how their updating metric works, or how they go about gathering cartographic data from official entities, but perhaps it's the City's fault for not providing them with the info(?).

Additional funding coming from s 37 :

TE31.15

55 - 95 Lake Shore Blvd East, 33-53 Freeland Street and 2 and 15 Cooper Street

vii. prior to the issuance of the first above-grade building permit for the second phase of development (Block 4), a cash contribution to be used by the City towards the following capital improvements, all to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning in consultation with the local Councillor;

A. a cash payment of $1,000,000 towards the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal redevelopment; and
B. a cash contribution currently estimated at $5,200,000 towards the: two-way conversion of Harbour Street between Yonge and York Streets; removal of the Bay Street on-ramp to the eastbound Gardiner Expressway; shortening of the Lower Jarvis off-ramp from the eastbound Gardiner Expressway; and/or re-construction of Lake Shore Boulevard East from Yonge Street to Lower Jarvis Street, all in accordance with the recommendations from the Lower Yonge Precinct Municipal Class Environmental Assessment.

Not to me.
This is directions from west of downtown to Union Station. It directs to Lower Simcoe.
And directions to Bay and Harbour Street. It directs down the new ramp and a left on Bay.
That has you on lakeshore.

This is what I get when exiting the gardiner and going north on York - it tells you to detour down to Queens Quay.

gardiner ramp.JPG

And when going north on Bay:

gardiner ramp2.JPG

Attachments

• gardiner ramp.JPG
    gardiner ramp.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 511
  • gardiner ramp2.JPG
    gardiner ramp2.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 484
Apparently Google Maps has done away with allowing user changes. That's what has led to it taking way longer to update maps.

Does anyone know of a better map app? Has Google ownership ruined Waze, or is it still a good app?

Back