Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

Those shots from Lower Simcoe make it look like they've already started the demo work.

It is amazing what shape some of those pillars are in! Maybe they won't have to take down the existing the ramp next year, so much as just push it over!

They really should allow drivers from the Spadina ramp to continue East on Lakeshore instead of forcing the left turn to Spadina northbound.

There was some work going on this morning. Looks like some sort of soil testing?

IMG_4694.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4694.JPG
    IMG_4694.JPG
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 1,465
They have actually started to form the new pillars now too. Saw the rebar and forms being put up on Monday.

I am really looking forward to seeing the park design. I am really liking how berczy park is developing. hopefully the park here will be as good or better!

The 6+ month time frame when there is no ramp is going to be rough but in the end what a great difference it will make.

They have actually started to form the new pillars now too. Saw the rebar and forms being put up on Monday.

Unrealistic to expect anything special at this point - but it would have been great if they actually designed the new off ramp as an integral part of the public realm plan (including the park).

AoD

That doesn't make sense. This will be an improvement for all of us. A better and useful park. A more straightforward exit from the Gardiner for all sorts of transport and a safer crossing for pedestrians and cyclists. Why try to divide into us and them.

20170129_084401.jpg
20170129_084303.jpg
Seems they're almost complete with the new ramp supports. Beyond the last lowest one now nearly done, my guess the remainder of the support will be a fully underpinned concrete ramp serving as the road surface.

Attachments

• 20170129_084303.jpg
    20170129_084303.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 486
  • 20170129_084401.jpg
    20170129_084401.jpg
    924.5 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
Thanks @Christopher Brown. Disappointed (but not surprised) to see that there wasn't even an attempt to make the new ramp supports anything but utilitarian, so much so that they are basically replicas of the old ones built 50+ years ago.

AoD

Back