Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Yes. But WT seems to have no $$ (or, at least, no definite date.) See: https://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/our-projects/stormwater-treatment-system
It’s literally under construction already…

It’s literally under construction already…

They have almost finished the In-Water Pipes. The actual promenade / wave-deck that will go on top of the pipes and the 'piles' we can now see is still unfunded. The link you gave is from about 2019 when they hoped to be done by now. (WT really needs to put DATES on all their info as 'things do change'.

From: https://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/our-projects/stormwater-treatment-system Published about 4 months ago, Red highlighted by me,

"In-Water Pipes​

The final piece of the stormwater management system is the in-water pipes currently being installed along the Water’s Edge Promenade in East Bayfront. When the pipes are complete in late 2022, they will convey stormwater from the Dockside area of East Bayfront to the Cherry Street Stormwater Management Facility. In the coming years, our plans include building a boardwalk extension over the pipes, increasing the width of the Water’s Edge Promenade at the foot of Sherbourne Common.

They have almost finished the In-Water Pipes. The actual promenade / wave-deck that will go on top of the pipes and the 'piles' we can now see is still unfunded. The link you gave is from about 2019 when they hoped to be done by now. (WT really needs to put DATES on all their info as 'things do change'.

From: https://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/our-projects/stormwater-treatment-system Published about 4 months ago, Red highlighted by me,

"In-Water Pipes​

The final piece of the stormwater management system is the in-water pipes currently being installed along the Water’s Edge Promenade in East Bayfront. When the pipes are complete in late 2022, they will convey stormwater from the Dockside area of East Bayfront to the Cherry Street Stormwater Management Facility. In the coming years, our plans include building a boardwalk extension over the pipes, increasing the width of the Water’s Edge Promenade at the foot of Sherbourne Common.
You’re right. The most recent update I see is that there will be an update in 2023.

Did not realize I’d start a big car discussion :/

I still stand by my assertion that we don’t need added density in Bayfront/Distillery/Canary. The last week or two of the Christmas village was horrendous for residents, and we have thousands more residents coming soon.

Clearly if we have roads, people in cars are going to demand to use them, and this area suffers with event demands as it is.

Make East Harbour a residential mix, put a tower up in the parking lot of the Canadian Tire at Leslieville, just leave the Portlands as is.
A66F92C0-FAA1-4E73-B5FD-6818C24B8F44.jpeg
50F51D77-85E8-47B5-8108-36C700D4274B.jpeg
70A8DB1B-CCF3-4643-812F-86151D2989B5.jpeg

That stack of buildings over there is quite a difference from what it used to be eh? But the time the rest of the sugar wharf towers go up, we won’t be able to see the CN tower will we?

I still stand by my assertion that we don’t need added density in Bayfront/Distillery/Canary. The last week or two of the Christmas village was horrendous for residents, and we have thousands more residents coming soon.

[...]

Make East Harbour a residential mix, put a tower up in the parking lot of the Canadian Tire at Leslieville, just leave the Portlands as is.

My like of your post was a thanks for the photos, which are much appreciated.

As to the rest... the use of the term "NIMBY" has evolved to the point that it is often used pretty much as a straight synonym for "anti-development". It's interesting to see some NIMBY's in the original sense ("Sure, development is all fine and good, just not in my backyard") are still around.

At this point, I am even okay with whatever shade of grey condo developers are using these days. At least there won't be those stains. This is as bad as ugly graffiti.

Don't be turning the Gardiner into the Social.

Mustard in the gloom. Finally decided to walk down and experience the recently opened Cherry St. South bridge last Sunday. With the exception of one or two days, the past month has been gloomy. So here you go, views of the bridge and surroundings on just such a day. A few shots of the new pedestrian bridge as well looking past the Cherry St. North bridges toward Gooderham and Clear Spirit condos. The gloomy weather does not do justice to the bridge's colour, but it is an impressive structure, and surprise surprise, not tagged ... yet. Honestly though, the street lamp posts are hideous ... like antenna on Martian Warship machines from War of the Worlds".
DSCF9786.jpg
DSCF9743.jpg
DSCF9782.jpg
DSCF9758.jpg
DSCF9754.jpg
DSCF9753.jpg
DSCF9781.jpg
DSCF9777.jpg
DSCF9757 (1).jpg
DSCF9737.jpg

Last edited:

Back