Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

isn't there supposed to be a streetcar extension? does it go over this bridge or another?
Yes, and no. The QQE/Cherry streetcar will go over the first (RED) bridge and, at least, at first have a loop at Commissioners Street. One day (we should live so long) the on Commissioners line will go to the Leslie Street Barns and, possibly, via a new bridge further south on Cherry to a loop at Polson. Though this extension south is quite a good idea, I doubt it will ever happen but ....

DJI_0837 (1).jpg

My only pet peeve here is that the dividers separating vehicles from bikes look like a cheap afterthought. So much attention put into the bridges themselves, but no attention put into the finishings.

Unless this is temporary?
This is Toronto. Were you expecting any better?

This is Toronto. Were you expecting any better?
The bridges are better than we might have expected and, to be honest, I think the standard barriers for vehicles are just fine and they, at least, covered the back of them with wood. In most places, cyclist have the rough and unfinished backs of the vehicle barriers.

Will the LaFarge cement plant be expropriated as part of the redevelopment? It will stick out like a sore thumb when the river valley and parklands are completed.

I don't think the skyline view is as killer as everyone says it is...

View attachment 431568

It helps when you align yourself so you can see the CN Tower better. The view will also be much approved when the area around the crane is finished being redeveloped into parkland.

Great drone shots!

I'm guessing that was totally illegal right next to the airport, but sure offer a unique perspective.

Back