Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Another couple pictures from yesterday

PXL_20210626_191312327.jpg

PXL_20210626_190033399.MP.jpg

Anticrepuscular rays over the Lower Don Lands / Port Lands this evening. These rays are a meteorological optical phenomena that appear opposite of the Sun in the sky and last only a few minutes. The new Commissioners bridge (western section) can be seen left of centre. Shot from my balcony in the Distillery District.

_1200463.jpg

Last edited:
Anticrepuscular rays over the Lower Don Lands / Port Lands this evening. These rays are a meteorological optical phenomena that appear opposite of the Sun in the sky and last for only a few minutes. The new Commissioners bridge (western section) can be seen left of centre. Shot from my balcony in the Distillery District.
Your next job is to post a pic of this area during setting noctilucent clouds. <3

We had a good view of this too. Looked super cool.
Actually I recall seeing this phenomena last year. So I dug up the photo and oddly enough it was taken from my balcony using my cell a few minutes later on June 27, 2020 ! Note the tents, equipment and decks on the left to fascilitate the rehabilitation of the Gardiner East, and of course no Commissioners bridge.
20200627_205608 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I hope you'll still be there when the Lower Don Lands and East Harbour developments are completed. The view from your balcony would make an impressive Throwback Thursday feature.

We biked on the waterfront-Don trail on the weekend, and I noticed that the massive tents are gone. But I guess that whole area is going to be closed for the next few years for some of the Don water control/filtration work.

Does anyone know about this section is it going to be a bridge or just a roadway thru the Don Greenway section. I did not see anything mentioned about it on any of the videos and the timeline construction video.
1625160674026.png

Back